Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I haven't seen them run a over ten years and when they did it was on silicon tires. I think the newer breed of foam tire cars have driven a stake in the pancar dirt oval cars of old.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I did it a couple of yrs ago at Bumps & Jumps with an L3. I used the IRS lowered extended pod plates and IRS lowered lower A arms. For tires I used 4 purples (pan car style of cource) and grooved them just like dirt foams. I ran a wing mounted on the rear window and used more left rear weight then normal. OH a pan car on dirt with 4 cells feels waaaaaaaaaaay fast with a 19 turn in it.

Like Porksalot said "if it's very smooth" and B & J is quite smooth. After about 5 or so laps Chris ( B & J's owner) just had to try it and did about 5 to 10 laps. I would love to see a class of pan cars with late mod bodies running on the dirt. Specially since I have a car that could be dedicated to dirt :D The bad part is my pan ran better than my terminator on the same day.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey,

I have a 10L wide Composite Craft 6 cell Offset Oval graphite chassis partial roller w/Outlaw Firebird body for sell in Oval Swap section. Its the same setup that I use to race on dirt. They work very well on a smooth surface. Cecil

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
I would love to see pics of your dirt pan cars. The last one I saw was a wide Bolink Eliminator that was made with an extra thick chassis (to get the weight up) and the old TRC radials for dirt. It had a wedge body & side dam. I think I read that the car won some National or something. Had to be 15 years ago maybe 20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts