Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pancar bearings. Hey guys I am still pretty new to pan car I have been actualy racing for about 2 weeks now and have a question for you guys. while i was at my local banked track i was running and wasnt paying attention and pulled out infront of a onciming car and this bend the axle that was on the car way way out of alingnment acutaly i never did get the bearing that was on it off. when i went in to get some replacement axles and bearings he did not have any. so i bought the 3/8" size (the stock ones where the small ones i think they are 1/8" but i could be wrong) and so i was racing and everything was just fine then all then when i brought the car back into the pits i noticed that the outside wheel was realy realy wobbly and i couldent figure out why. then i looked at it and noticed it had nothing to do with the axle. i had actualy blown up a bearing! so i went in to the hobbyshop and bought a new one for 3 and some change. then last weekend i blew up yet another. and i dident even think that i was hitting anything that hard. but that is two i have blown up in two weeks. so I was just wondering does this have anything to do with the fact that the bearings are smaller or am i just a realy realy bad driver but i dont think its the later because i have seen guys run the absolute crap out of there cars and they come back for more.

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
The 3/16th bearings blow apart real easy.....try to get back to the 1/8th bearing as soon as possible.........go to Murdock RC on the right of this page and look for what you need......... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Abdule is right the 1/8th bearings are ALOT more durable. We just switched one of our rookies to the smaller bearings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also highly recommend the Finishline axles. I put a set in my daughter's car a month ago while she was learning to drive and she has yet to bend one, but she sure has tried!

I tried some other axles including the titanium and she bent them all fast.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
...by the responses...I have to assume we are talking about your FRONT AXLE Bearing correct?

I've had a few of the 3/16 go bad quicker than the smaller 1/8th inch ones...but NEVER in a single run...usually 1/2 season or so..or 5 or 6 really HARD smacks on the wall.

Now the rear 3/8 bearings...I seem to blow left and right (Well actually..usually just the RIGHT ones) ...on the WALL BANGING side`

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
if you dont want to spend alot, RC 4 less has killer axles for under 10 bucks.. 1/8th inline. I belive he sells 1/8 bearings as well..

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
3/16th ones can blow REALLY fast. I went to Classis for the nats one year and put all new bearings in the car and by the end of the first practice I had blown one in both sides of my car, that is when I bought 1/8th inch axles and I have YET to blow or break of those and my racing buddies can tell you, when I run mod I hit stuff REALLY hard!! I have bent everyone's axles I have ever run I think but I haven't ran them all either.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
burbs said:
if you dont want to spend alot, RC 4 less has killer axles for under 10 bucks.. 1/8th inline. I belive he sells 1/8 bearings as well..
yes the best out there and the best price. smooth surface and everything fits perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts