Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the new Seaview yesterday. Great little kit. Question for the group however. What is the best way to properly paint the flooding vents? Hand paint? Wash? I'm having a devil of a time getting the vents to be uniformly rectangular without getting black paint onto the main body. Any suggestions on how to tackle this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JK

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
What I have done on mine is paint the main color on and after the paint cures spray with dullcoat and let dry. I then take either very dark gray ar slightly lightened black acrylic paint and brush the whole vent area. when thats dry take a clean cloth thats been dipped into acrylic thinner and wipe down the side of the pannel and it removes the black paint from the hull and leaves the limber vents nice and neatly done. Dont use a lot of thinner on the cloth you only want it damp so that you remove only the black from the Hull not the recesses. I have built 7 or 8 Seaviews over the years and thats how I do it. Hope this helps! Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea! And yes...my question was concerning the new/smaller Moebius Seaview however I'm going to give the suggestion a try. I also have the larger Seaview. Haven't gotten around to tackling that bad boy yet.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.

JK

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I was just going to paint them black then mask them off and paint the hull color. Might be great to have some vinyl masks to do that. OR I might replace the whole bit with the Paragrafix aftermarket PE, which is another great option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try either an 001 or 005 (fine tip) Sakura Pigma Micron archival ink pen available at most arts and craft stores. They work beautifully on limber holes. The ink is permanent and once it dries will not smear.

Just purchased the new Seaview yesterday. Great little kit. Question for the group however. What is the best way to properly paint the flooding vents? Hand paint? Wash? I'm having a devil of a time getting the vents to be uniformly rectangular without getting black paint onto the main body. Any suggestions on how to tackle this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JK

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
...OR I might replace the whole bit with the Paragrafix aftermarket PE, which is another great option.
That's by far the best way to go :thumbsup:

If you cut out the kit holes and replace them with the etch pieces, you can add a 1" (25mm) diameter bit of tubing inside to replicate the pressure hull. You can paint the tube and interior hull black before assembly.

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts

Thanks,

JK
If you want easy, I sell a set of decals ...
--Henry

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts