Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well On this old chevelle the stucko like paint job i like!the car's not going to hold sticker's for long,this we know.is their a spray i can use to seal the stickers or decals on?which airbrush kit is recommended for slots?

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Search the threads.
We have a HUGE data base.
All the info you need is there if you just LOOK* for it. :thumbsup:

I like the snow job on the Chevelle!
Very realistic, though the red stripe should be
somewhat muted by the snow.;)

·
TJET RACER
2,463 Posts
paint

ok i use tamiya spray paint works good or tamiya jar paint 4 airbrush. and i use to seal decals or stickers is solvaset decal setting solution walthers part number is 904-470 it works good.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Solvaset......I stole this description from the net.

For the most realistic models, decals should look like they're painted on. Getting professional results is easy with Solvaset. It actually softens the decal film so it snuggles down to the surface and stretches over details, such as rivets, without hiding them. Also eliminates air bubbles, white spots, draping and silvering. Just brush it on and Solvaset does the rest!

·
BANNED
8,119 Posts
biggest secret in decal softening/setting solutions .................................

white vinegar

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mix with a lot of water and try it on some decal sets that aren't at all important

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Yer too far back! Move in. Atomized paint droplets are drying before it contacts the workpiece...or the can is fubar.

To successfully execute a uniform paint film it must be liquid. Because yer so far away it becomes a semi solid, hence the stuccoed appearance.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yer too far back! Move in. Atomized paint droplets are drying before it contacts the workpiece...or the can is fubar.

To successfully execute a uniform paint film it must be liquid. Because yer so far away it becomes a semi solid, hence the stuccoed appearance.
surely a veteran,the can was 3 feet away from car and the can was at least 6 years old....thats why i say"i'm new!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts