Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Today i picked up a hotwheels classics series 4 1969 camaro. I got it home to discover that the package says 68 mercury cougar. The car is a 69 camaro and the button in the package says camaro also. My question is cause of the cougar package does this make this a very htf error or just a minor mistake. I dont know muck about error cars and was just looking for some help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Personally I consider errors of any kind poor quality control,but there are those who think they are a big deal.Whatever makes you happy:wave:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'd agree with RW, errors aren't worth much to me but to the right people they sure are. If the find floats your boat, more power to ya. Congrats on the find.

Sir Crafty

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think earlier errors are worth more, because look at all the variations today of each car. It's easier to miss something small and even the most obvious once get by more often. Some employee having a brain fart or not paying attention.

·
Administrator
31,559 Posts
These type of production errors are common if you think about the number of them (but we dont really know how many get noticed and then reported.) Or how many just get opened and tossed! Another aspect of your find is that the hanger card is still not punched! Another type of carded casting that other collectors will actively seek out too! Nnow most of these came that way, but also think about how many were opened and how many were punched to hang up by employees at different retail places. So how many are still out there as un-punched error cards?

·
Registered
3 Posts
These type of production errors are common if you think about the number of them (but we dont really know how many get noticed and then reported.) Or how many just get opened and tossed! Another aspect of your find is that the hanger card is still not punched! Another type of carded casting that other collectors will actively seek out too! Nnow most of these came that way, but also think about how many were opened and how many were punched to hang up by employees at different retail places. So how many are still out there as un-punched error cards?
Thank you for the great info. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts