Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey other oval racers. Everyone else has a thread so i started one for us.

Anyone going to run Willow Mill in Mech. see you there

·
Registered
658 Posts
Andy
3300's bro thats all I have to say. Get the new ones with the higher voltage.

I have run at the "Mill" a little in the past 3 or 4 years. Great place and George is a really awsome dude!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cant wait to go back. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my first year so i dont know too much but a friend is going to help me out. atleast there is three of us on these boards

·
Registered
32 Posts
is everyone switching to 4 cells i've read alot about people liking the 4 cell stock and 19turn

i was looking at the finishline web site they have 4 spring steel t plate anywhere from soft to stiff which one do i need for the Mill?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I have run the .063 tplate there for a couple of years and will run the sofest FINSISHLINE PRODCUTS t-plate this year.....

I can post my setup sheet or attach a cpomplete ADX setup for you guys If you like .....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Gentlemen - I have finished with the initial plans and have the signed paper work to announce the 1st Annual Eastcoast Oval Super Regional scheduled for 28 & 29 June, 2003. It is a ROAR sanctioned event at Willow Mill Speedway in Mechanicsburg, PA. Drivers from all regions are welcome at this event. The classes will be 4-cell stock, 4-cell modified, and 19 turn for the 1/10th scale cars. Interest will dictate whether a 1/12 class will be run.

Willow Mill Speedway is one of the best paved oval tracks in the east. The weather for that time of year will be excellent. I am sure there will be some racing under the lights, which is always fun, and the Friday prior will be setup for open practice.

Please look for the race flyers in the next few weeks. Operator George Verbonitz has made a great commitment to ROAR and oval racing with the agreement to conduct this event. Please, all drivers try to find a way to attend this race, which is hoped to be the first of many for the ensuing years. Also, pre-enter so that George and the Willow Mill Speedway staff know how to plan for the proper level of awards. He is a great guy and deserves your support.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sorry, I am not familiar with that area. I hate to pass the buck, but I suggest contacting George. He should have all the information. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes there is plenty of hotels in the area and you dont have to go into carlisle. I live in Mech. and within just 2 miles from the track there are Holiday Inns, Comfort inns and a little farther another hotel i dont know what it is called. Have fun see all of you there. :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
There are several nearby hotels right on the Carlisle Pike as ADX2 mentioned. I will try to get some info on them with phone numbers and room rates, however, there is a Ramada Limited about a minute from the track. There are also alot of places to eat and a couple of shopping malls if anyone brings the wife and kids. Beach

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes the area is full of things to do. Sports Emporium which is a go kart, mini golf, and arcade is only 10 minutes away. Plenty of things to do so come out and race. Rick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts