Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering wat the diff's are between the two rugs? Were about to rug our new banked oval and were wondering wat to do. Is CRC the only place to get ozite?

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
It's the only place to get the same carpet they run at the snowbirds. But in reality you can use just about any anti static short pile carpet out there. We have Ozite at our track but we travel to a track a couple hours away that does not have it and we all race and have a great time.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Loop carpet is really hard to get a groove in, but it will work. Plan on a year or so of crazy stuff on the loop carpet. Once it gets a groove it is good to go for longer than Ozite. Ozite breaks in really quick.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
the track in Waycross we go to has carpet like what they put on speaker boxes. there is no loops, it's a lot like the Ozite but the pile is deeper

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
We started out using only Jack, then went to the odorless paragon and now everyone is on sticky fingers. I like the sticky fingers the best

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm the track owner. we're wondering if the level loop will be hard on tires for a banked track with 8deg straights & 14 deg corners. Hey Joel (J-dub), What kind of carpet did Dave Prescott have at Fairfield?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
In my experience, loop carpet produces more grip, harder on tires, and sometimes can cause the cars to dogtrack due to the directional grain. Ozite is consistent, easier on tires, no grain, and racers are more willing to come out to your track since it's the standard for carpet racing. My advice, spend a little extra on the Ozite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts