Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel like we're overdue for an update from Round 2? With the 1/350 TOS E being released in just a couple months, one would think they'd be hyping it up. It seems strangely quiet, though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am curious as to what more hype you could expect to see? TV commercials? :thumbsup: The internet is certainly a buzz about it.

I note that the kit has not yet been advertised in Previews, a monthly catalogue that goes to comic book stores advertising products that are coming out 3 months from now. The absence of the kit in Previews so far may indicate that R2 does not think we are within 3 months of seeing the kit in retail stores yet.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Anyone else feel like we're overdue for an update from Round 2? With the 1/350 TOS E being released in just a couple months, one would think they'd be hyping it up. It seems strangely quiet, though.
Jamie just said that he will have a video report from Wonderfest , including the winning scifi kit that they will make next year , this weekend

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
He also reported he is working on the next 1701 Club update this week. Probably will be out next week. He stated he has a lot to report.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I would imagine that they are also working on finalizing the kit itself: instructions, decals, packaging, lighting packages, accessories, photoetch, etc.

There's a lot to do between now and September.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Wait................Round 2 is making a 1/350 Enterprise?!!!!! staff..............STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I didn't see Round 2... Moebius had a nice (small) display with a painted Skipjack, Cylon Centurion and Forgotten Prisoner. MRC had a display, along with Tamiya, Squadron, Hobby Link Japan, Rare Plane Detective, Revell, Legend, etc.

One shop had a bunch of Revell Star Trek kits.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would imagine that they are also working on finalizing the kit itself: instructions, decals, packaging, lighting packages, accessories, photoetch, etc.

That's the understatement of the day! :)

Gary

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I imagine it is possible we will hear the final word on the gridlines in this update. Were they able to get them fine enough? Or are they gone?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Originally Posted by Trek Ace

That's the understatement of the day! :)

Gary
Yes, it is!

Now, get back to work. You all have a deadline to meet! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts