Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a big turn out for truck racing class out there, whether it's 19t or stock class. Are the set-up for racing trucks that much harder to get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Well, we recently restarted our truck class. We call it "Super-truck", they all run ROAR stock motors. They're pretty quick and pretty much the same speed as our Nascar class. Their setups are a bit different because of the aerodynamics and downforce given from the bodies, but just minor things.

Other than that, I havn't seen many other truck classes at tracks up here in Canada, how are they down in the states, popular?

Also, I heard Dahm's was going out of business, is this true?

Justin #29
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,494 Posts
Check out the Oval Track Discussion - You'll find the HW thread in Jacksonville FL, 19t Nastruck, Strickland RC Park in Ormond/Daytona Beach Fl, also 19t both are flat very smooth asphault (foam track) and the Branford's concrete tri-oval 4c stock and a cap track.

Most of our setups are almost the same for the cars with minor adjustments, but the handling is alot different. At the HW track, we are about 2-3 laps lower than the 19t cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
I would like to see the RC truck class become more popular, because it has got to the point that I had much rather watch the NASCAR truck races over the CUP races, the racing is just so much better, and I have more of an interest in the trucks now, which gives me more of an interest to want to build and race a RC truck. What are you racers thoughts on this topic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the new McAllister Toyota body that I tried out this weekend. I ran it with a stock motor and a 19t on my home track. With the stock motor it was a little lose and when I tried the same set-up with a 19t the truck was a little tighter because of the power of the 19t motor but the truck drove pretty go. I just want to try something different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
rowdyrj, I just ordered a Toyota Tundra racing truck from McAllister Racing, Gary is very responsive to any questions that I have ever had about their products and quick to ship them to me. Did you run your "McTundra" last weekend, with the stock rear spoiler that comes with the truck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Hey Rowdy, I,ve been running both Nastruck and 4-cell stock at Branford with very very similar set-ups! I beleive the track record is 46 laps for 4-cell stock and 42 for Nastruck ( Kevin holds the Nastruck one for now :lol: ) the trucks push alot more air( cant pull as much gear) and arent nearly as stable ( read FUN to drive )
HobbyWorld in Jax is also running trucks with 19 turns ( on foams :( )
You goin to the Pooler race? Kevin and I are both planin on running Nastruck there. Hope to see ya there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EHR said:
rowdyrj, I just ordered a Toyota Tundra racing truck from McAllister Racing, Gary is very responsive to any questions that I have ever had about their products and quick to ship them to me. Did you run your "McTundra" last weekend, with the stock rear spoiler that comes with the truck?
I ran the truck the first time the stock rear spoiler but I had the body post down a little bit so all of the wing was not getting the air to keep the back of the truck down so it was a little loose. I ran the truck again with a 19t motor in it and the truck was a little tight at the start of the run, then nuetrual out in the middle, than got loose as the battery drain down but over all I was happy with the performance of the toyota body. This was the first time that I have ever raced a truck body but I kept up with the other cars on the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fl Flash said:
Hey Rowdy, I,ve been running both Nastruck and 4-cell stock at Branford with very very similar set-ups! I beleive the track record is 46 laps for 4-cell stock and 42 for Nastruck ( Kevin holds the Nastruck one for now :lol: ) the trucks push alot more air( cant pull as much gear) and arent nearly as stable ( read FUN to drive )
HobbyWorld in Jax is also running trucks with 19 turns ( on foams :( )
You goin to the Pooler race? Kevin and I are both planin on running Nastruck there. Hope to see ya there.
If the wife is off I will be down there in the big red truck with Cliff and Andy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Can any one tell me where I can find a dodge bodie? don't want toy or 150 (same truck) as every one. Every one want to be D.W. don't they.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
I don't know about the Dodge truck body Scott, you would think somebody would be making them, but I do know I sure don't want to be like D.W., I can't stand the the man, I just like the new, Germain Motor Company/ Arnold Motorsports # 30, Toyota Tundra, that Todd Bodine has been racing lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Scott,
HPI makes a Dodge truck body that several local guys use for Nastruck, its a 200mm body and fits the chassis well. The Toyata body looks good ( arodynamic wise ) but I cant drive a foreign truck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
rowdyrj said:
If the wife is off I will be down there in the big red truck with Cliff and Andy.
Rowdyrj,see you in Pooler if you can make it. :thumbsup: Nastruck 4 me..
Lee,when will you get a chance to get back to Branford again for some Nastruck? Maybe Encheconnee,soon,I am getting a itch to head up there,fun track !!!! :dude:

Kevin
Kevin's RC Oval Site/Branford RC Speedway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
I,ll be back over after the Pooler race with the stock car and the Nastruck! miss racin with yall guys over there the recent schedule change caught me off gaurd :( Lookin forward to the Pooler race :thumbsup: How much longer is Echecoonnee running before there winter break?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fl Flash said:
I,ll be back over after the Pooler race with the stock car and the Nastruck! miss racin with yall guys over there the recent schedule change caught me off gaurd :( Lookin forward to the Pooler race :thumbsup: How much longer is Echecoonnee running before there winter break?
We have 1 more points race this weekend coming up and this one will deterimine who will when 7.0. We will race until December.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
954 Posts
There are 2 tracks in western NC running oval trucks. Both are running 6 cell stock. C&W Raceway in Asheville and Fox Mountain Raceway in Columbus.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top