Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good options for a good touring oval car? I have been looking at the xray. Why are the batteries mounted on the right side? Wouldn't it be better on the left for oval? Its been a while since i have raced oval until 2 weeks ago so sorry for the newbie questions.LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
I run a tc4 associated with a penguin chassis and none of the other cars have caught me yet.. It is an easy car to maintain and work on and it handles like it is on rails.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I have a FTTC4 with the extreme conversion I run on dirt oval, it's an excellent car. Hyperdrive is doing a conversion for the Corally and it is wicked!

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Here is the link to our Touring Oval thread

Here are a few pics of the HD Assassin conversion Hyperdrive is releasing. So far in testing this car has seemed to be superior compaired to my Losi car of last year (TQ'd the Birds, set 3 fastest times of the week, only car to turn 3.9's).

HD Assassin TC Conversion Kit*

1x chassis plate
1x nerf wing
1x tray bracket
1x 6-cell battery tray
1x bumper
2x rear arm brackets

HD Assassin TC Conversion Kit* $150.00 plus shipping.

Oval specific Front/Rear shock towers, top decks, and a rear graphite body mount will soon follow after the Birds.

Barry is also working on becoming a distributor for Corally (pretty much a done deal). This means we can get anything Corally related like an actual complete HD Assassin TC Oval kit, replacement and option parts, etc. :)

Hyperdrive Racing/MSA
c/o Barry Hill
3711 Moons Bend Rd.
Chapel Hill, TN 37034
Phone: (931) 364-7673
Fax: (931) 364-4636

Superior Hobbies/Corally USA
c/o Micheal Bruce
1436 State Road 436 Suite 1040
Casselberry, FL 32707
PHONE: 407-834-9299

*Assassin rolling chassis, Purple/stainless screws, Radio Gear, motor, battery, top deck fan, tires, and rear body mount not included. Optional graphite LTO conversion only.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Looks cool.. didnt they stop making the assassin car a while ago tho???

·
Registered
182 Posts
touring oval

hey all:That corally assassin oval car looks awesome i would run it.Is the hyperdrive conversion made for the assassin and not the newer rdx because it will give racers something to do with the older corally chassis?Thanks for the info :)

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
B-man777 said:
hey all:That corally assassin oval car looks awesome i would run it.Is the hyperdrive conversion made for the assassin and not the newer rdx because it will give racers something to do with the older corally chassis?Thanks for the info :)
You can use the RDX but you will also need the following from the Assassin:

Front and rear bulkheads
Motor mount
Top deck
Rear shock tower

Everything else will convert. The RDX will allow you to use the short arm design were as the Assassin had the long arm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts