Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys here it is our own place to talk the talk and walk the walk If you got some smack lets hear it :thumbsup::cool:

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Looking forward to the fall indoor racing season

THIS YEARS PANCAR CLASS RULES

For the most part we will follow TOUR rules to the letter.

Deviations will be-
21.5/2cell will follow BRL rules. BUT, we will run them with 10.5/1 cell TOUR cars.
Spec pancars will run under the same rules that they have for years. Spec motor, spec battery, spec tires. BUT, we will run them with 17.5/1cell cars with spec tires.
SST CLASS
1. Any standard pancar chassis.
2. SMC 4000 mah 25c single cell battery ONLY!
3. 13.5 NOVAK or OHP 13.5.
4. Novak, LRP or Tekin ESC.
5. Protoform or McAllister Truck Body with tailgate intact and manufacturers spoiler. McAllister Truck body part #176, #203, #218, #245. Protoform ORT Truck body part #1227-21.
6. BSR Spec Tires - Greens, Blues, Silvers ONLY. BSR's ONLY!
7. Trucks must have a number on the roof and both doors.
8. Roof Height minimum 4 3/8".
9. 21.5 Drivers that finished in the top 6 in points at MP are not eligible to race in this class.
We will tech for motor, battery [brand and voltage-4.22 volts], tires and anything else that is deemed neccessary.

TECH - Voltage will be checked immediately before you put your car on the track before each race. Other items such as roof height, motor (type and temperature), battery(voltage and temperature), tires, body, weight etc., will be checked if you TQ, place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any main or someone files a protest. Protestants will be charged $20 to file a claim. If the claim is substantiated the protestant will be refunded the $20 and the catholic will be disqualified. Tell me that ain't funny!

Please do yourself a favor and read the TOUR rules from the link below. It contains important information about batterys, motors and certain dimensions that will be teched.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I don't have any smack to talk yet. Battlefront guys better be on the lookout, though. CJ got the ball rolling last night on something new, a little unique, and definitely different coming to the best indoor dirt oval track in Michigan. The guys from Duke's better start cleaning the bugs off their windshields and getting ready to have some fun this Winter...

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
I don't have any smack to talk yet. Battlefront guys better be on the lookout, though. CJ got the ball rolling last night on something new, a little unique, and definitely different coming to the best indoor dirt oval track in Michigan. The guys from Duke's better start cleaning the bugs off their windshields and getting ready to have some fun this Winter...

Last I knew one of the best drivers in the state on the dirt oval has the track record at BFG in the Late class, Mr. Randy Erb, unless someone has taken that away from him.

You should see many guys from my place (summer oval) headed your way.
I have hopes again to join you guys as well. Have not made it there to race yet but the plan is to this winter.

CJ, lets have the smack, give it to'em!:thumbsup:

Duke

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope Mr Erb no longer has the record that is held by Mr Gary Johnston. Sorry Mr Erb you'll just have to try again. As to Hank shuting this thread down well there are a few rules we all will have to follow just remember our kids and wifes might read this so I'd say keep it some what clean but if you have the need for a place to shoot someone a little SMACK hit them up along side the head.Now for the guys that run Elec oval at Dukes. Well heres your chance come on over to BFG the 28Th of August and we will be happy to hand you guys your butts on a plate FRIDAY NIGHT THUNDER OVAL RACE doors open at 5 racing starts around 7Pm. This isn't ment for the guys that race at BFG. It's like I say if I can't (Dodge them I'll ram Them (LOL)

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Nope Mr Erb no longer has the record that is held by Mr Gary Johnston. Sorry Mr Erb you'll just have to try again. As to Hank shuting this thread down well there are a few rules we all will have to follow just remember our kids and wifes might read this so I'd say keep it some what clean but if you have the need for a place to shoot someone a little SMACK hit them up along side the head.Now for the guys that run Elec oval at Dukes. Well heres your chance come on over to BFG the 28Th of August and we will be happy to hand you guys your butts on a plate FRIDAY NIGHT THUNDER OVAL RACE doors open at 5 racing starts around 7Pm. This isn't ment for the guys that race at BFG. It's like I say if I can't (Dodge them I'll ram Them (LOL)

Well then, maybe Gary would like to try his hand at the track record at my place.....If he takes it.....I'll give him his money back for the night and let him pick a body of choice.

What do say Gary!

Duke

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I won't say anything about the current lap record at BFG other than I think John needs to implement a few rules for anyone who sets a lap time/lap record. More specifically, there needs to be a certain number of cars out on the track for this to happen and a possible tech inspection afterward. It was also going around last night that there might have been some possible cheating at the last points race. One of the nice things about dirt oval, at least around here and especially at BFG, the rules are very loose. We don't need anyone taking advantage of that.

Let the smack talk begin.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
I won't say anything about the current lap record at BFG other than I think John needs to implement a few rules for anyone who sets a lap time/lap record. More specifically, there needs to be a certain number of cars out on the track for this to happen and a possible tech inspection afterward. It was also going around last night that there might have been some possible cheating at the last points race. One of the nice things about dirt oval, at least around here and especially at BFG, the rules are very loose. We don't need anyone taking advantage of that.

Let the smack talk begin.
Shame on anyone that's cheet'in. How could one call them self a man!!!!!!

Duke

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Think the only way to get away from someone cheating at any race is to have a tech table set up now with that being said I don't want to go over board on this but how hard could it be to look at a motor we don't need a super tech like some of the bigger races. I'll agree with you both Yes the rules at most tracks are loose for club racing but there has to be some And what can you do if you think someone might be running ilegal ? Well first take it up with the race director after that it's in his hands. Yes Duke your right about the man thing but some will bend the rules or just plain cheat to win at any cost

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THIS Is IT it's Friday August 28Th almost time for FRIDAY NIGHT THUNDER OVAL at BFG the members of TEAM BLACK HEART are tuned up ready to go don't forget Doors open around 5Pm and the carnage( I mean racing) starts around 7Pm. Can you spoil Sam or Butch's day? And who will handle Gary and his late model? only one way to find out come to BFG TONIGHT ONE OF THE BEST INDOOR DIRT OVAL IN THE STATE. IF you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch The time for SMACK talk is done PUT it down on the track and let the best man win (ME The Walker Wild Man) I'm waitting

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
THIS Is IT it's Friday August 28Th almost time for FRIDAY NIGHT THUNDER OVAL at BFG the members of TEAM BLACK HEART are tuned up ready to go don't forget Doors open around 5Pm and the carnage( I mean racing) starts around 7Pm. Can you spoil Sam or Butch's day? And who will handle Gary and his late model? only one way to find out come to BFG TONIGHT ONE OF THE BEST INDOOR DIRT OVAL IN THE STATE. IF you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch The time for SMACK talk is done PUT it down on the track and let the best man win (ME The Walker Wild Man) I'm waitting
But it might rain!!!:wave:

Duke

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Duke taking shots at me...:(
Actually I was trying to get a rise out of CJ, not thinking about the Championionship race at all.

And Rob is more than happy to beat up on you, he beats up on me all the time! Heck everyone else too come to think about it. We love'em just the same though.:wave:

Duke

1 - 20 of 166 Posts