Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Dudes,
Thought you'd like to see pics of my track.
The first is the Fray practice track. Tomy sectional, 6 lanes.
The second is the oval. Jig routed, 6 lanes, 12 deg banking. on a 8 x 28 table.
.045 welding wire rails.
11-22 volt, 52 amp Pyramid power supply
full access driver's stations (you can drive any lane from any station)

enjoy
Tim Leppert
small time racing

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like the oval. 12* isnt a ton of banking, can you run wide open with xtraction and non magnet cars in the corners?

How big is your table? It looks like its at least 16 feet long and 6-8 feet wide. I'd think it shard to grab cars on the back straight when there's a crash. Regardless it looks like a blast to race on. Two thumbs up from me!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jimbo-slots said:
Tim, great Looking Tracks.
Would you mind sharing your technic for the power rails?
Thanks, jim
This was the second track i ever built(from scratch)
The routing was done with a jig that I made. Then the rails slots were "etched" with another tool I made. (I'm a tool and die maker by trade)
Then we simply pressed in the rail matl. along with super glue to hold it.
The whole thing was very time consuming and very messy.But it yealded good results.
The round rail is nice and smooth, but it is not good for much else than this track.The settup is VERY different from any other. The reveal is around .007-.010.
Bowman tracks are .013-.015 and M.M. is .015-.017.

Thanks for the look
Tim Leppert

·
Registered
229 Posts
That Looks Like a very well thought out & Evecuted Pure Racers Track............Not to mention BLAZING FAST!!!!
Those are some incredible reveals.....(about what I would expect from a T&D man though :D )

Like Skaf mentioned, the wiring schematics for your selectable drivers station would be a very nice item for alot of folks and generous of you should you decide to take the time to share a little how to and Pictures.

I can certainly see youve had and Will have many Saturday evening Fun sessions with your setup!!!

Love them Outlaws too :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TGtycopro said:
That Looks Like a very well thought out & Evecuted Pure Racers Track............Not to mention BLAZING FAST!!!!
Those are some incredible reveals.....(about what I would expect from a T&D man though :D )

Like Skaf mentioned, the wiring schematics for your selectable drivers station would be a very nice item for alot of folks and generous of you should you decide to take the time to share a little how to and Pictures.

I can certainly see youve had and Will have many Saturday evening Fun sessions with your setup!!!

Love them Outlaws too :lol:
We've been racing on it for around seven years now. Or club mostly races M/Ts, with some non m/ts thrown in.
The full access driver's stations are really very simple, I have three, twin a.c. plugs that are seperated electically.
Each one is wired for a specific lane. and all you do is plug in to the lane you want to run. I thought of trying to find a selector switch but this was way easier.
I will post pics of the bird's nest (wiring) and of the stations later.
I can also provide some of the owtlaws if folks would be interested.

Thanks for all the kind words,
Tim Leppert

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
noddaz said:
Great Nutz!! That oval is huge...!
I've gotta agree with Scott. Thats a Super Oval!

Much like "rr" I'd have to have some optical enhancement to run on that. :freak:

Super cool, Super Oval.

BH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts