Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need a little info, anybody with experience with 4 cell oval gearing.
Just bought brushless system and i would like to go racing friday, but need help on the gearing

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
mbeach2k said:
Ok need a little info, anybody with experience with 4 cell oval gearing.
Just bought brushless system and i would like to go racing friday, but need help on the gearing
Talk to John Sparks he is running brushless and is in Big Rapids. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
At are local track,we ran four cell modified brushless ss-5800 and we could not keep the tires on the rims,the cars were very very fast and kept ripping the foams,it got very costly and the class died,sometimes the tire would just totally come off the rim,it was fun while it lasted

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most of the guys are keeping them for outdoor season,we run brushless custom works sprints and they flat out fly,I think Tom Murray had one for sale,but he may have already gotten rid of it,if I find any I will direct them to you Casey!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Practice with mine today and all I can saw is (@#$$%) this thing is to fast. After I figured out a good to run in the stock mode. I'm just messing with a good suspension set up know. It's way faster than my 19T truck. It flys around the track like I had a 10T in it and its only set in the stock #6 setting (5800).

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm run a 5800 with a 4.20 gear ratio in our 6.5 class. The track has a 310 ft. drive line. With a regular brush stock motor I ran a 110/36-40 gear combo to get around the track.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
This might be a stupid because I am thinking of buying one But I dont know any thing aboult the brushless motor. can you dyno a brushless motor?

·
Banned
432 Posts
I found a post awhile back, not sure where. It had lap times and race results comparing 4 cell brushless vs 4-cell 19 turn in oval racing. Hope someone can help.

·
Banned
432 Posts
Thank you Bob.That is very helpful. Do you know which brushless they ran?
The post I'm looking for was on HobbyTalk. The member posted both A-Main results to show the something the same..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts