Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Well what got my attention is the look and size of this one! And how much is this big guy going to be? I think this would look good next to my other Outer Limits (9) kits that I've built!:D By the way, will this one have a base? :eek:
Yep! This one (like the first two kits) will have a base. I'll be sculpting this base, too. Isn't Todd (the sculptor) doing a dynamite job on this kit of the Thetan? This is probably my favorite "bear" from the original Outer Limits.

What "bear" would you guys like to see done in the future? People who have bought the "Chameleon" and the Eros" kits say they would like to see the "Sixth Finger" or the Chromoite from "The Mice".

Phil K

· Registered
546 Posts
Updates!

Sales of the first two Saturn Ltd Outer Limits kits were very low!:confused: The Chameleon and Aros aren't my favorite figures from the original Outer Limits but the Thetan (a more iconic figure) from the Episode "The Architects of Fear" is one of my favorites.
Guys, I would really like to see this kit produced, as I'm sure some of you would. Lets encourage Saturn Ltd. If you (like me) would definitely get the Thetan kit, respond to this thread. Or better yet, send a PM to SaturnLtd and tell him "I want my Thetan!"

Yes, I am part of the team involved in producing the Saturn Ltd Outer Limits kits. I sculpt the bases for the kits...at no charge! That's one thing Saturn LTD does to keep the cost of the kits so reasonable. This "project" is by no means a money-making venture. Those involved are BIG FANS of the original Outer Limits series.

Phil K

· Registered
546 Posts
Outer Limits figure kits

Megasoid,
Take a look at "My Photos" and you will see a few of the Outer Limits figures (from Dimensional Designs) that I have built.
Chinxy, there's even a photo of the Megasoid that I built and painted. I based my color scheme on the build-up that Danny S did. I was visiting him (in San Francisco), when the kit was first released.

Phil K

· Registered
546 Posts
Megasoid

Megasoid,
I'm on holiday in the state of Minnesota right now. When I return to Oregon I'll have to send you photos of a profile view of the Dimensional Designs Megasoid kit. Then you can truely judge if "it's" too spindally for your liking. I don't know if anyone else has produced a kit of the Megasoid, so it's the best rendition available.
As for the Ichthyosaurus kit that D Design has...it is beautiful! It even comes with a small statue of the "ancient creature". Sorry, I haven't built the one I have (yet), so no photos. Check out their web site.

Phil K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.