Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all,

Just wanted to let you know I will be out of the net for a couple days. My Grandma just slipped into a coma about 45 minutes ago so we are on our way with my mom and dad to see her about 3 hours drive away. We may be staying until she passes though not sure. Its a rather rampaging disease and it may only be a couple days.

See ya in a bit

·
Oxidation Genius
31,341 Posts
This is the part of life that's no fun at all. :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. About 45 minutes after I posted the message, my grandmother passed away. I was in des moines until this evening and my mother is staying behind till wednesday to take care of last minute things with my brother. Been one helluva weekend. Will write more tomorrow and get caught up on the board then.
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. The thing that pissed me off the most was my mothers brothers kids (my uncle). Fighting over stuff that they wanted. Myself and my wife were more concerned about what my mom and my uncle wanted first and foremost as it was their mother that passed. That bad thing about funerals is that it turns family members into raving maniacs to get their hands on whatever they can.
I know she's in a better place and envy her for being there. She's with grandpa again whom I never had the chance to meet as he passed about a year before I was born. She never remarried and outlived him by 34 years. A great woman even though we had our disagreances, a goodwill ambassador in des moines several years in a year and would give the shirt off her back and the food off her table for anyone that was in need of it. I'll miss her.

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss, and the unneeded stress of family squabbling. I was very close to my grandmother too. Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, my grandparents were very important to me and were a big part of my life. I was lucky enough to have them for more than 30 years and still miss them today. As for dealing with family, well, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. We were lucky we weren't concerned about who got what, if anything we had the opposite problem.... Best wishes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts