Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Multiple hobbies are cool. Just don't go crazy with this one. Set a limit of 3 or 4 JLs a month or $10 a month and stick to it. That won't hurt ya and you can still play tennis. I do. I have 4 courts only about 100 yds from my house, got a cheap racket and play with my kids there regularly. Have to do something besides sitting here behind this machine all day.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Yep, what Tinywheels said. I don't spend hundreds of dollars on toy cars any more. So when something I REALLY like comes along, I can go and buy it without feeling like I'm gonna break the bank. In fact, I don't go out of my way to hunt unless I'm looking for an excuse to ride my Honda, which is another one of my hobbies. They aren't my main obsession, just another one of my many intrests.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Funny, I just started selling off the cars that dont interest me anymore.I have a few hundered cars that I have no idea why I bought. Oh well, keep me busy listing them on ebay.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Off Brand King...

midtown said:
Funny, I just started selling off the cars that dont interest me anymore.I have a few hundered cars that I have no idea why I bought. Oh well, keep me busy listing them on ebay.
Hi Matt,
What brands are you selling imparticular?
All Hot Wheels or do you have any vintage etc?
Can you send me a list of what you might have?
(I collect off brand stuff, Playart, Zylmex, Yatming, Dart Wheels, Schuco, Tomy etc).

Thanks - Peter

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I'll make up a list soon. It's all JL's and Blue card Hot Wheels. I have lost ALL interest in non-redline Hot Wheels. The only ones I'll buy now are the 100%ers.

hahah, it seems like the majority of JL's I'm getting rid of are Fords/Mercurys. I think I have every variation of theMercury Cougar. I dont know why, I hate Cougars.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
modsquad said:
Hi Matt,

(I collect off brand stuff, Playart, Zylmex, Yatming, Dart Wheels, Schuco, Tomy etc).

Thanks - Peter
Y'know, I think I have a Corvette upstairs made by a Zyl-type runoff, Intex, I believe. The folks who make portable pool stuff. Still on the card, if I remember correctly. Can't for the life of me remember which box it's in, though. I got it with a lot purchase off Ebay about three years ago.

I should go dig it out sometime...

:)

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Seriously, how and why did you find this. Clearly it is the nervous anticipation of this weekends big game that has carnut nervous :devil:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Lol..... no, just enjoying a lazy sat afternoon, waiting for the big game at 8 tonight, and not much new on the board lately, so I started playing with my settings and next thing you know I have all posts rearranged by the oldest. I get interested from time to time in what we talked about here in days gone by, and in posters no longer active here on the board.

By the way puppy, I would hate for the Steelers to lose their first round game. Winning a third straight Super Bowl wouldn't be the same if we didn't have to go through Pittsburgh and Indy to get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Wow!

This one was from quite a while back. What I said pretty much still applies. I always look at the pegs whenever it's convenient. The only series that really appeals to me now is the Holiday Classics. I'm still waiting for a Barris Batmobile (not holding my breath though). I can't think of too many more Hollywood cars that would be prominent enough to earn a space in my living room display case. Maybe the Beverly Hillbillies truck or the Austin Powers Cooper Mini. I would go for either of those. Of course I would buy any WL from almost any series. Those are great for trades or to suppliment my slotcar habit, which is going as strong as ever. I've since gotten rid of most of my closet collection.

It's kinda cool sometimes to see old threads like this.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
It seems that if a person loves cars they will be into them forever.I just couldn`t see getting out of collecting completely.Maybe phasing down because of gas prices but not totally. :freak:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts