Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw a few shots up of a Front engine dragster that I just bought. I did not know if you guys were really into other types of cars, but these are the kinda things that really get me excited about this scale and the reason why I started quarterscalelegends.com

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a small world this is... I didn't know you we're a member here as well mike..

The rail is simply.. AWESOME!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floyd, I hit up all the 1/4 scale sites. :) this is a good one.

The builder of this car has amazing talent and a real passion for his hobbies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
He most certainly does.. Well mike rest assured it went to a nice home that's for sure

I only wish you would make some videos of all your cars in action one day!!!

Still waiting
Stoney

·
Registered
194 Posts
This was the perfect thread to show one of my recent acquisitions from America. An "as new" 1980 Jeff Schimdt Pacesetter sprint car.
In the process of tiding it up. Not really much to do, as you can see, and getting it mobile again after not being started since 1990.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is the only one I have loaded on my computer at present. Still gives you an idea.
Car runs a .60 Super Tigre nitro motor to a Jeff Schimdt designed and built quick change diiff.
Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, they are foam tyres..btw...that's our spelling, not having a go!
Been on the car since new..so they're 29 years old and haven't perished, for which I'm thankful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a Northeast featherlite modified we raced up at thunder valley in Bassett, Va a few years ago....I finished this body last night 10/09 and hope to get some interest going up at Terry rae's track again next year...this body is a little more elaborate than what we use to run but can be make about 2 bodies out of a half sheet of .060 lexan...it isn't shown with the side bumpers or front & rear bumpers...we ran these from about 2001 to about 2002 or 3 not sure....very durable and easy to make

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
All nice looking rides!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man... I hope I can score one of those pacesetter sprints one day...

Bob, I will be selling replacement bodies (not that you need one) and also limited edition prints signed and numbered (not that you need one of those either :))

But let your friends know over there :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tim,
Mate, there's no suspension to speak of :rolleyes: Solid rear end and the front has tubes that have springs inside with minimal movement. No way to tweak the handling on this baby...lol. This car was built to run on a dead flat hard surface. Not the dirt tracks that I'm used to.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Either way, it is a neat piece of history!
Tim,
Mate, there's no suspension to speak of :rolleyes: Solid rear end and the front has tubes that have springs inside with minimal movement. No way to tweak the handling on this baby...lol. This car was built to run on a dead flat hard surface. Not the dirt tracks that I'm used to.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here are a couple shots of a phoenix arrow super i purchased a few months back. These things were MEAN on the track!:freak:

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Either way, it is a neat piece of history!
Tim,
I'm intending on getting the car going, however I'm still in 2 minds if I'll actually drive it on our track...maybe 1 slow lap! Don't know. Be great to have some video of it running around a track.
It hasn't got a mark on the under side, so it really hasn't seen any action at all. I don't want to be the first to scratch it....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts