Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,Here we are and another year has gone by and 9/11 is here again.Well for those of you who don't live in NYC I have some good news.The foundations are in place and the New WTC is gradually starting to rise and its showing.To those of you who have known me a while you may remember my Father died in 2007 and its believed the air my Father was exposed to around the WTC site triggered his Lou Gherigs Disease.My Father jump started me into model building.I thought I'd pass along the progress at Ground Zero for anyone thats interested since I live in NYC,Guy Schlicter.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Don't know what to say to any of that except to say that I need to say something to acknowledge your father.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Well, it's about time they got that building going! The delays have been downright embarassing. I can't wait to see it on the horizon again as I pull into work in Clifton.

·
Starship Class
11,871 Posts
Does anyone make a card stock or other type of model of the WTC?

Seems to me, this could turn into a Titanic-like phenomenon: historical societies could spring up (already have sprung up?) to preserve the artifacts, lifestyles and biographies of victims, architectural records, photographs, videos, etc. There could be vast resources of information regarding the towers and the terrorist attack and the people who worked there available for research.

BTW: What's the design of the new WTC towers?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats doing Lee!Go to the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation website and you can see photos of the New WTC Towers.I think they're Beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing them built.I know someone made a series of 3 D Puzzles of Famous Buildings I think is was Milton Bradley and I seem to recall the WTC was one of them.Take Care Lee,Guy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
As a born and bred west coast guy I made my first trip to NYC in June and visited Ground Zero. What an experience. The tribute museum site there is just fantastic and sobering (not a strong enough word) and there are many pictures inside of the planned memorial park and towers, along with the new (badly needed) Manhattan transit center. The new complex will be stunning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts