Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a good on-line place to buy wood?

I am looking for solid wood, not plywood.

Looking for 1/2" thick boards 10" x 12", 12" x 12", that sort of thing, that are already cut to size. Maple, Cherry, etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James :)

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Question for you James...why online?

Wood get's kinda' heavy and it's not the most econommical thing to get mail order. Any special reason you need to get it online?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I checked all the local places (Lansing, Rona, Home Depot, etc..) and they don't have what I need. I don't drive so venturing out to far is not an option so on-line is about the only way for me to go.

James :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Being a carpenter i can tell you that you cannot find most hardwoods in 12 inches wide( it just does not grow that big ) so you will have to have 2 or 3 boards glued together to get this width.Any carpentry/cabinet shop in your town should be able to do this,and cut to your specs,and might even ups them to you.But these kinds of wood can get very expensive.

BRIAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts