Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thousand apologies Steve and I will understand if delete or lock this right away, but I had to ask.

So where is everyone and what are they doing? For lack of a better term this place looks a little slow, is everyone building something, on vacation or what?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
it's summer everyone is out enjoying the sunshine, but here it's 113' so I'm staying inside till the sun goes down. Us Vampires cannot find sunblock with a 1,000,000.00 SPF factor :-(

·
Registered
722 Posts
rossjr said:
A thousand apologies Steve and I will understand if delete or lock this right away, but I had to ask.

So where is everyone and what are they doing? For lack of a better term this place looks a little slow, is everyone building something, on vacation or what?

I am working!

Not on models unfortunatly, though I wish I was!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,220 Posts
Right here!

I can only stay in the basement modeling for about an hour a night while it's this warm. It's actually fairly cool down there, but I have a LOT of lights around the bench and that gets toasty after a while.

Meanwhile, we just got the first 2 seasons of CSI on DVD and we're watching one a night, so there goes another hour.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm working on a 22" AMT Enterpirse.........Putty sand...Putty...sand.

Should be ready for paint next Thursday.....Bob

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm working on "the Disciple", my first figure kit and the PL NX-01. Next week I'm off to see friends and family in Canada for a month so it's no modelling for a while for me. Although...I need to make quite a few fir trees, about 4"-5" tall for another dio in the works...so I'm gonna bring the materials on the plane with me and make them during the flight. I never watch the in-flight movie anyway. Don't worry, I'll leave the scalpel, scissors, sprue cutter, etc at home. Won't even attempt to get them past the authorities

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked but never told...

I had to put my eagle project away because I am waiting on a part from Mr. Small, I lost one..... So I am working on a Gundam kit and planning two build along events for next month. We will be building a P-51 and an F4D-1.... If anyone is interested let me know...

·
Registered
523 Posts
im kind of busy shooting you in counter strike;). kind of burned out on my models so taking a break.

In progress:
PL NX-01 lighting
Warp models 28" BOP
E-A as soon as my aztec patterns come in.
Delta Flyer

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
I'm sitting in a cubicle :freak: waiting to get home so I can continue with my latest Monogram Flying Sub (from 1995) and to paint my Robinsons to finish up my Cyclops & Chariot kit. In the back of my mind is my next project, the Invaders UFO with the Lighting Kit :) (which is probably waiting in my P.O. Box while I'm stranded here :( ).

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
First day off since my boss went on 2 wks vacation to Europe (the sorry [email protected]#&*!) 11-hour days made me a little CRANKY. Been working on my NX lighting to try to wind down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm at work, trolling the board. At home, I'm working on the Keaton Batmobile a little at a time. I'm in the filling and sanding stage, making sure I don't have any ugly seams where the wing pieces fit on to the body.

I'm also beginning to eye my PL TOS-E. I'm thinking about what to do with the clear nacelle caps. I wonder what would happen if I sprayed a clear red coat on the nacelle caps, and painted the interior dome silver and gold to reflect light. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Been taking it easy with 2 figure kits(Altira & Judy Robinson) visiting Fiance' every other weekend, and this week my 15 year old Maine Coon cat is in the Emergency Vets oxygen cage, where she is dying of lung cancer, so I've been pre-occupied.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm busy helping with the Florence, Montana Renaissance Faire. It's a small town community event. If you're in the neighborhood (western Montana) July 31st drop by. No models but a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts