Hobbyist Forums banner

OT- What's a bigger race: Daytona or The Brickyard?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  AfxToo 
#1 ·
What do you think?
My vote would be the Brickyard, but I'm biased.

#16 ·
An interesting question Bob...
From a marketing and history standpoint, Daytona is the leader by far.

But...

As much as I never thought I would say this... I have enjoyed the last few Indy races much more than Daytona. I think the high banked superspeedways are in serious trouble until someone solves the aero dependencies that rears it's ugly head. I give credit to NASCAR for trying... there are almost as many wings and flaps on a "stock" car as there is on a Formula 1 car as they try and break up the aero advantages!! LOL

Gary

#17 ·
History, tradition, and a better match between the cars and the track all point to Daytona for NASCAR. I was initially very excited to see NASCAR go to Indy but the races there have not really lived up to my expectations. I knew it would be a spectacle but I really hoped that it would be spectacular. It is a spectacle but still feels forced and contrived, the classic square peg in a round hole.

I still love the Indy 500 race and the cars they run at that race. But running IndyCars at Daytona would be no better than running stockers at the brickyard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.