Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,In Star Trek The Motion Picture,The Impulse engines on the Primary hull,were blue when in operation,In Star Trek II,they were red,I believe the lighting was changed on them,and stayed that way thru,Star Trek VI.Also in Star Trek 1,when the Enterprise was at a low rate of speed,the main deflector dish,was at low power,and was dim.You could see it.In the remaining films,it was at full power,and glowed a power blue,even when the Enterprise was at impulse or a low rate of speed.Maybe ILM,didn't want to go,thru all the effort,of specially,lighting them.As you all know,Lesney/AMT,gave you the rainbow effect decals,on those areas(the impulse engines).On the good,ol smoothie.I thought they looked great,and built a few.I have painted them bright red,on Ertl's reissue of the Movie Enterprise,Ertl elimanted the decals,looked better,Guy Schlicter.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
This must be the first time I've ever seen the word "were" with an apostrophe in it! :freak:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i remember reading that there were some hard feelings at doug trumbull's company when i.l.m. got the contract for st2, so trumbull's company shipped over the enterprise with no instructions or guide to the wiring on the model. ilm made their best guess, turned on the juice and shorted everything out. the amber deflector dish never appeared again (except in one stock shot.) i dont know if that was the reason for the change, or if it was purely aesthetic.

im fairly certain there are scenes in st:tmp where the impulse engines are defiatly red (this subject has come up before). mostly the blue coloration is in the publicity shots. many of the shots of the enterprise in st2 are st:tmp stuff reused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts