Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to use this auction as an example, but this seller has sold JL and other brands as well as HWs where this situation has occurred.

link to bids

Over the last 2 years, I've noticed this: a lot of the seller's auctions get bid up way past what the item is worth, in increments of $1-$2, by bidders with ratings under 60. You would think that once these noobs don't win, that they would look for another auction with that item, but they don't. To me, this smells fishy, but I"m open to being convinced otherwise by any detectives in the house. :)

All comments welcome; death threats and sarcasm only welcome if its funny. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
But the winning bidder on that paticular auction has a feedback rating over 200 and the bid came in at the very end. :wave:

·
Banned
231 Posts
He is one of a handfull of sellers that removes the cars from the sets or blister so new collectors don't know where to find it and sells it as a RARE LIMITED EDITION!!! Usually hopes to snag a few buyers that unaware of where the cars come from and hope they go ga ga over the car and start a bidding war. I posted a thread a while back titled WHO WILL BE THE BIGGER SUCKER and it was a couple of bidders going ape over the PIP Nomad when it was just released for a few weeks .... it ended up at around $162.00 and it's not the first time I've seen it happen. They'll learn eventually!!!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't know about the "noobs" or the fishy stuff but I tell ya what, I would have paid more than the winning bidder did for that car. Been looking for an XKSS for a long time and that one looks pretty darn nice for a HW. :cool:

Had to edit. Never knew these existed. Just did a search on the bay and found two, one with a starting bid of 1.99 and the other with a BIN of $6. So, count me in as a "noob" on this one :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts