Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I thought I would reply to this warning so it would once again be at the top of the threads for those of you who have not yet seen it.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
However it got here, thanks!
It has the proper OT label, plus I can't imagine anything more frustrating then missing the last 5-10 minutes of a series finale!

Can you imagine getting home from work only to find that you missed the last ten minutes of the season finale!?! :eek:

and the last five cylons are...

SNIP!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My "Movies" thread is still there, with the exact same posting time. Methinks Griff ran it through the transporter buffer duplicator...

·
Registered
133 Posts
BG is ending? It is just the season ending, or the SERIES ending?

Will the new series be called 'Galactica 2007' when they reach earth?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
spe130 said:
How'd it get over here? I thought it was in the "Movies" forum...
You originally posted it here. However, since it's sorta Off-Topic I put the OT header in there, then did indeed run it thru the pattern buffer to duplicate it over in the Movies For Modelers forum. :D

No harm, no foul. Just figured it'd be best served in both locations.

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
Thanks for the warning! I checked the cable schedule and sure enough, it's only showing 10-11 so I set the DVR to record "The Dresden Files" coming on afterwards.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
NWO said:
BG is ending? It is just the season ending, or the SERIES ending?

Will the new series be called 'Galactica 2007' when they reach earth?
It's the season ending.

However everything I've seen online so far has said not to expect new episodes until January 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there has been some schuttlebut that this is not the case, but I keep checking all the official websites and have emailed them and so far I'm getting January 2008.

So tonight's episode might have to hold us for awhile. :(

I sincerely hope the word that they are coming back in the fall and not next January is true as they are taking ridiculously long hiatuses as it is.

I think the problem is the head honchos(production staff, not actors) have signed up to do so much other work that Scifi's dragging their feet caused BSGalactica to get bumped on the totem poll of priority.

If this gets any worse though we'll have to start calling the show

BattleStar Galactica - the Soprano Schedule Version!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Griffworks said:
You originally posted it here. However, since it's sorta Off-Topic I put the OT header in there, then did indeed run it thru the pattern buffer to duplicate it over in the Movies For Modelers forum. :D

No harm, no foul. Just figured it'd be best served in both locations.
Thanks, Griff. I was wondering if I was losing it or not. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
spe130 said:
We are getting the Pegasus movie towards the end of the year...
Yep. I just saw that they will be releasing a two hour "event" at the end of 2007 direct to DVD for purchase.

But considering the webisode filler material they did last summer for zero money it's not like they are doing us such a great favor.

By the time the actual series comes back will be more than 9 months from now!?! :confused:

What the heck is up with that?

One of the actresses who is not already pregnant could have a baby in less time then it will take them to come back from "summer break!"

They have extended the 14 episodes to a full 22 but still claim to not be able to air any of the new episodes until January 2008.

BattleStar Galactica - The Sopranos Schedule!

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
spe130 said:
It's going to run 5 or so minutes over-long. If you're recording, be aware!
So, does anyone know what happened to the extra "5 or so" minutes? All I saw was the announcement that the show won't continue until 2008.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zombie_61 said:
So, does anyone know what happened to the extra "5 or so" minutes? All I saw was the announcement that the show won't continue until 2008.
The regular episode ran right up to the 1:00 mark (or maybe a minute over), then they did the credits and the "return in 2008" thing. The second showing started three minutes late.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE FINALE!!!!!

Second showing?

I've depended on iTunes to download the episode as cable hasn't been restored to my section of New Orleans since Katrina and I don't have a clear line of sight for satellite.

The last thing I saw was Lee flying alongside of Starbuck and then a closing shot of Earth. Then credits rolled.

Was there something other then that, after the shot of Earth?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chuck_P.R. said:
Second showing?
SciFi shows all of their original programs twice - in the case of Sunday nights, it goes 9pm: Dresden; 10pm: BSG; 11pm: Dresden; 12am: BSG. This week the second showings of Dresden and BSG started three minutes late.

I've depended on iTunes to download the episode as cable hasn't been restored to my section of New Orleans since Katrina and I don't have a clear line of sight for satellite.

The last thing I saw was Lee flying alongside of Starbuck and then a closing shot of Earth. Then credits rolled.

Was there something other then that, after the shot of Earth?
Nope. That was the payoff for now. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Whew!!!

Thanks a million.

Thought I missed something.

BTWay, based on the total time of the episode compared to all other episodes this year, the episode was about 4 minutes longer then the longest episode this year.

(iTunes strips out commercials. The episodes usually vary in length up to about 40 seconds.)

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
spe130 said:
The regular episode ran right up to the 1:00 mark (or maybe a minute over), then they did the credits and the "return in 2008" thing. The second showing started three minutes late.
Okay then, I didn't miss anything. Whew! Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts