Hobbyist Forums banner

OT:very bad news...

6K views 50 replies 47 participants last post by  artic316 
#1 ·
This is kinda personal but since you were a part of the good news... I just wanted to let all of you know that Jen and I lost the baby on Friday. Those who can and are willing to, we just need your thoughts and prayers in this hard time. That goes double for you Toby. I know we will get through it b/c we are strong in our marriage and our faith but every thought and prayer helps. Thanks in advance to anyone who keeps us in their thoughts.

Travis

#3 ·
Its very hard on the mind and the soul, when you get the news there is going to be a child in your lives. You start picturing the future, what they may look like and all the enjoyment you hope they will bring into your life, and that you'll give to theirs. Then they are taken away from you, it leaves you with this huge void of what ifs, and could have been. You and your wife, with the help of family and friends will get through this, it will not completely pass from your thoughts, but you will move on and cope and you lives will go on. I have been down this path that no one wants to walk a couple of times. You have mine and my wife Carols prayers

#11 ·
Your in our Prayers Travis.It's a hard thing to go through.My wife and I lost our baby 10 years or so ago.You question why but just keep in mind there was a reason the good Lord chose to take your child home.Take care of yourself and your wife.

#20 ·
Thanks to you all for your thoughts, prayers and comments. You all have reached me here in my heart and I am happy to have such friends in those I have never met. Jen and I have been through alot together but never anything like this. We tried for over a year to get pregnant and we were so excited and scared at the same time. we've been together since we were 17 and here we are 29 and starting a family. It was so great and our prayers were answered but around Tuesday of last week Jen started spotting and it continued to get worse. We went to the doctor on Friday and they told us that the baby was measuring alittle over 5 weeks and the placenta was measuring about 7 weeks. We both new that she was already around 10 weeks and the doctor couldn't find a heart beat. We were devastated but we know we have each other and Jen knows that she is not alone. Our family and friends have totally been there and have made this alot easier then I thought it was going to be. But last night Jen physically miscarried and it was probably the worst thing I've ever had to go through and I know Jen was very upset and scared. I am certain that this all is for the best b/c the baby was not healthy and Jen's body knew that and stopped the growth at 5 weeks. We have already made our peace with it and have already stopped asking why. We are strong and we will get through this. Of coarse when February 21st rolls around we will take many moments to get through that time b/c that was the due date. We will name this child and always know that we have an angel of our own.
I love that baby so much and we have never met.

Again thank you and I appreciate all the feedback.

Travis & Jen

#26 · (Edited)
So sorry to hear about your loss (text)

My wife and I went through the same exact situation three times. I know how you feel. Also, please keep in mind that we as males deal with pain and emotions much differently than women, and while it was truly tragic what I (and you) felt, it was no where close to the despair the women feel. (witnessing it firsthand)

So, what I'm saying I guess is make sure your wife gets plenty of attention, comfort and reassure her it was nothing she could control...it's something nature controls. Also, they (us too I realize) never get over it completely, but the pain does deminish over time. Be strong.

Again, my thoughts are with your family, and best regards.

Geoff

PS, we went on to have a boy and girl, so don't lose heart or stop trying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.