Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I need your help in the form of good thoughts and prayers. I have been diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma in my right ear. Actually it's right up against my brain stem and is growing into my inner ear. I have a consult with a neurosurgeon on Friday to see what my option are but if they have to get in there and cut it out I'm looking at some crappy odds. It's about a 40-50% chance of ending up with permanent paralysis in my face, vision damage, and or total hearing loss on that side. I could deal with the loss of hearing in one ear but the rest scares the hell out of me. I'd miss a crap load of time at work for recovery and frankly I may not be able to do my job if I can't see/talk properly. Please pray for me that it's under 2cm in size. That would open more options for radiation treatment which could have me back to work in a couple of weeks with minimal side effects.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Prayers needed

bigdaddy,
My youngest brother went through about the same thing. He did lose the hearing in that ear, but nothing else.
You will certainly be in our prayers. No matter what happens though, remember that the Lord will not give us anything that we can't handle.

Keep us posted with your progress, OK?

Phil K

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,050 Posts
Dave,

There's a little miracle you might be able to perform for yourself. I've read many times about the power of the mind over the body, maybe yours can help you. Try to imagine what the little goober looks like, even look at a 2cm measurement on a ruler if that helps you visualize the thing. Then imagine the booger shrinking, using whatever scenario works for you - whittling it down with an Ex-acto blade, letting the air out like a balloon, anything. Concentrate on that thought whenever you can.

Can't hurt, might help; same with all our prayers and good wishes for you. Here's hoping your doctors are wrong and they find it's really just an ingrown ear hair.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.