Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw these at Walgreens today, and I couldn't believe it. Are these direct ripoffs of Creepsters?

They are called Mini Mad Wheelz and their website is http://www.madwheelz.com/.

They're much smaller than JLs, and they are cheap... but they're actually kinda cool! I especially like the "Spare Parts" series... yeesh...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe Falco said:
Those things were hot in WalMart around here last Christmas.
So these are old? Interesting. I wonder if the folks at Playing Mantis bought a few for research purposes... heh.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I picked these 3 sets up, about a month ago at Charlottes TRU...all the rest are still hangin
There showing up in Florida as of last week.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Mantis..........Mana Tee, hmmmmmmm? Yes these have been out for much longer than PM's stuff and I think the idea even pre dates both these series with stuff brand X has done and other off brand Walmart style stuff as well in the past. It is remarkable how close some are like the teeth, brain and nose cars.

I'm not sure who is getting ideas from whom?

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I have been looking for those! I checked TRU, nothing. I am on my way out the door for walgreens. Thanks for the heads up.
If anyone else finds them at any different stores please post the stores that you found them in. Thanks

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I also saw these last year, but only at Wal-Marts.....

Just today, saw the Creepsters put out at Meijers... funny all the "good guys" have blue wheels and all the "bad guys" have black wheels!

Didn't get any...just tooo dumb.... did also notice that on the base of all of them the say "brainrackers"...maybe that's what PM was gonna call them...?

·
7,461 Posts
The real question is.... How will they do on the gravity track? And will they be permitted in bracket racing?

By "They", I mean Creepsters.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Sure, why not, they are PM product. I have no idea how good they will run but it will be fun to find out!

Next year we may need an Ertl farm implement and RC division too.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts