Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I found and bought a Red Baron Roadster last night. It's on my workbench right now. This thing is just the coolest! I thought that the helmet would be made from plastic but it's not. It's metal. Very nice. I may buy another one just to display the helmet.:thumbsup:

G

·
The word I have seen is that the Iron Cross will not be on either the Red Baron or the Rommel Rod - only show on the package - for whatever what I hear is worth!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
TD cars

Don`t forget about the 1/18 Badnews II that is out now from PM. They
move pretty fast around here as a local Meijer had them and they were all
sold in 2 days.
LAter...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The new kid on the block?

Of the threads so far, the obvious question here still not addressed...

Who is this "ToyZone"?

I have never heard of this brand. Do they make 1/64th?

Lets have all the dirt...

Thanks- Peter (on his last of the summer vacation getting eaten alive by ^&%^$%$%^$ misquitos Washington State)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Peter

they remind me of an early PM. They are redoing the early SSP's. The gyro wheeled cars that you get going with the pull stick rip chord system. They also brought back the rescue helicopter with catch hook. The TD stuff to me looks dangerously close to the HW's fire logo and obviously the casting are of HW's fame and PM too..

They took early heat for the poor build quality and the amount of plastic in the 1:18th scale but there price is lower than most but by today's standards, lower price doesn't seem to cut slack on build materials and quality. They have no 1:64th but perhaps they recognize the oversaturation of this scale. A good 1:43rd scale TD supply of cars has me really happy and I didn't expect the RB to have a metal helmet but others say it is so quality is on its way up too. Can you imagine what HW's would charge for these? Look at there new 1:43rd stuff. This is a real buy and the 1:18th at 20 bucks each has my head spinning.

Kind of reminds me of an early die-cast company who started by buying some history, slowing finding a nitch, increasing quality as they go...............

I think those cool 1:6th scale Arlen Ness bikes were theirs too but I could be wrong. They seem to go where the others ain't. Finding a niche, picking and jabbing. I see some of my money heading that way.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Okay, as long as this thread is around, I might as well post this pic. Here's another interpretation of TD's beautiful design. I can't tell the two apart myself.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
OK,I've checked a ton of Wallys in Florida,Ga,SC,and NC....so far I haven't seen any.
What states are y'all finding these?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
RobDog,

I've got two of the Red Baron if ya want me to slide one down the interstate.

Found these while in Tennesee a while back..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I've found dupes of the S'cool bus and and Ice-T but the search for the Cherry Bomb is killin me.

Wasn't there another casting in the second release?

....and what 's next?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I saw these in K-Mart. Waiting for them to pop up somewhere else before I grab them, I think... And I don't collect that scale.

Also, in today's culture there shouldn't be any problem using the iron cross since its been appropriated by several subcultures - And since it pre-dates WWII. And the plain cross was just the army symbol, also pre-dating WWII.

I will be buying Rommel's Rod, don't know about any others.

WWI isn't politically incorrect, right?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts