Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen this?

It's the Red Baron, but it's NOT the 1/18 scale version. It's 1/43, and it's fantastic!

It's not much larger than a JL, and it costs just $5.99. The back of the card also shows the Tijuana Taxi, S'Cool Bus and Bad Medicine. Mentioned (but not shown) are Ice "T", Cherry Bomb, Jinx Express and Rommel's Rod.

(Note in the last pic that I found a Got Your Goat Zinger today with redlines. Heh heh heh!)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
SWEEEEET!!!
That is great news,all my faves and especially the Rommels Rod!
I wonder if they'll ditch the nazi sign?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I look at a lot of stuff when I am in the toy isle, but don't always pay attention to the names, Sounds like some cool stuff , what stores you finding it at !!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, Wal-Mart has them. I picked up 2 of them. Sweet car! Can't wait til the rest come out. The whloe set will be nice to have.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it mine at Meijer. They had loads of them, but they were all the Red Baron.

BTW, here's the back of the package.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I will be getting them all! Its been a long time waiting for some cool TD stuff...so far this year has been great!

Robdog-guess there is no need to reply to your post in the other thread now...

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
YES! Freakin YES! Outstanding. How the heck are they doing this? When you buy a license it must be scale specific because all those castings have been done by either Hot Wheels or PM.

It hurts to say this but when I have a choice between Zingers, Spidey, Grateful dead and the flavor of the week, Tom Daniel is gonna win out. I don't think the Jinx or Rommel's Rod has been done in die-cast prior to this.

Rob....check out the Baron as it usually doesn't have the cross and this one does so perhaps the Rod will too?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Saw about 10 of these hanging at Meijer this morning....bet they won't be there long! I didn't get one since I have the 100% Hot Wheels 1/64 version and have limited myself to only collecting 1/64...but the Rommel's Rod may be too hard to pass up. Oh how they are cashing in on my childhood memories! Saw a Ford GT Superfast this morning too that I can remember getting in the little cardboard box as a kid...

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It must be a TD thing,to splatter his name and design on the tires.
Not so sure the Rom-Rod's gonna look ok with this but like midtown says,"there's always a sharpie"
At any rate, I'm gonna be all over these,like stink on a dogs ass.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE GOING RIGHT NOW IN THE 1:18TH SCALE? K-Mart had then down to around 18.00 but the box was toast. Anybody still see these retail?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
The "buy it now" price plus shipping is higher than their web site advertised price? Not a bad deal at 20.00 each shipped. Where the heck would ya put 8 of those in 1:18th scale. Hmmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Paddy Wagon is shown, but not listed as one of the 8 on the back of the packaging. Does this mean S'cool Bus is out?

- Joe J.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts