Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Ya know, I was routing for the Colts, because I didn't want to see another great quarterback go into the hall of fame without winning a superbowl, but the longer I watched, winning or losing, Payton was always whinning on the sideline.
Well, hopefully next year................GO FALCONS

·
Registered
189 Posts
colts so then my math teacher is in a good mood tuesday (he likes the colts he went to the super bowl) then if hes in a good mood NO HOMEWORK!!!! more slot car time after skool :thumbsup:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Bears were overated. They barely beat my hapless and crippled Hawks at home. Indy's much maligned run defense, and previously non existant running game showed up for a great playoff run. A solid win over the Chiefs, they won ugly in Baltimore, a come from behind shootout with New New England, and finally a good whuppin' on the monsters of the midway in the Big One. Hats off to the Colts team! Now that Peyton's got his ring, what will the media saga be next year. Anybody up for a longshot pool?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Ed, I am no fan of the Colts (who fled Baltimore long ago in the dark of night) and certainly have been no fan of Peyton while at Tennessee or in the pros. Actually, in my area the whole Manning clan is pretty unpopular for a number of reasons..... However, I found myself happy that Manning played team ball and didn't lose his composure. That, and I couldn't BEAR to see Rex Grossman get carried to a championship on the backs of a great team, and have some talking head compare him favorably to Manning or any other great quarterback who didn't win a superbowl.

However, next year, GO SAINTS -

Jeff - in the Saints home market since '72, it's about time.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Well said Jeff, Ken Behring had the Hawks loaded up in the Mayflower van for the midnight run just like Art Moedel did to Baltimore. '72 huh? You still got your "Aints brown papersack with the eyecutouts? Truly one of the funniest stunts in the history of the game! After the Hawks went 0-n-3 to back into the playoffs, then luck out against the Cowboys, and fall apart in soldier field: I'd proudly wear that vintage brown bag after the season we just had!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
SplitPoster said:
However, next year, GO SAINTS -

Jeff - in the Saints home market since '72, it's about time.
I'm with you Jeff! Who dat say da gonna beat dem Saints? GO SAINTS!

PD2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Disappointed Bear fan here. After a dream start to the game, things went downhill fast. Urlacher was extremely frustrated with the conservative defense they were put in. Rex is Rex, what can I say. I don't believe the Bears were overrated as much as they were out-coached and out-played on the big day. I felt Manning chipped away at the soft defense the Bears were in and definately deserved the win.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts