Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Okay, here's the problem - an item on eBay that I really want to bid for, but he won't post outside the US. And I'm in New Zealand.
Is there anyone (prefer someone I "know" from the forums) who'd let me use their address and then send the item on to me? I'll pay for all the shipping, naturally.
Oh, someone who can accept PayPal would be a bonus.
Thanks heaps,
Jim.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Jim,

I've got a friend who owns a performance car company and he ships all over the world. As a partner in some of his endeavours I should be able to help out. You can have it shipped to his company and just PayPal him the shipping to New Zealand.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Griffworks and Four Mad Men. I really appreciate it.

As it turns out I had an email from the seller waiting for me this afternoon saying that he would send to NZ (You wouldn't believe the number of people who won't though. Or say "Where?" :) ). So the panic is over - was panicking because I hadn't had a reply 2 days after sending the email and the auction ends soon. Whew, as I really want this G4 upgrade card for my Mac.

Jeffrey, I'd considered calling on you, except I thought it might've been a bit presumptive and I also wasn't sure if you were back from your tour. Thanks for offering. When do you get back this time? Keeping your head low, I hope.

Cheers! And if you guys ever need anything from down this part of the world, just holler. I'd be glad to help.

Jim.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Jim,
No worries, man. Just LMK and I'll be happy to help out. I won't even charge you more than 100% for my assistance, either. ;) Seriously, tho, Karma is my most favorite source of payment and doesn't have to be directed at me, either.

I should be home end of November/beginning of December. I'm only doing ~60 days. Would be nice to be home before Wife's Birthday of 9 December so won't complain if they keep me a bit late as long as it's no later than that. And I can't complain anyhow, given that so many folks in the other services are 6 months or longer deployments.

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Jim,

I'd be happy to volunteer too. Just LMK if you need a US "address" on the US west coast.

José

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
New Zealand? What the heck did you guys do with Old Zealand? That was Classic Zealand.

:lol:

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sbaxter said:
New Zealand? What the heck did you guys do with Old Zealand? That was Classic Zealand.

:lol:

Qapla'

SSB
Market research showed that Zeeland (Adel Tasmin was a Dutchman, ya'know) just didn't ring peoples bells anymore. So they threw in the 'New', and dropped the second 'e' in favor of an 'a' :roll:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx again for the offers guys. Really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I didn't win this auction - our NZ dollar only buys 60-something US cents so to win, oh say a US$120 bid I've gotta part with NZ$200. Sux, don't it. I need a higher-paying job :(

Cheers!

Jim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts