Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From QMx newsleter:

First up is something brand new and very shiny - The Official Serenity Blueprints set. And not just an announcement, but also a killer price - $99 for 10 18" x 24" full-color sheets in a limited-edition run of 750 - signed by creators, Geoffrey Mandel (graphic designer, Serenity) and Tim Earls (illustrator, Firefly, and set designer, Serenity).
We even got a ship date for you - 11:59pm EDT, April 7, 2007.
Yep, you heard right: new product, ultra-shiny limited edition, shipping right away.
And let me tell you, if you're a Browncoat, or you just love spaceship design, you want one of these sets. These blueprints encompass months of work verifying every aspect of Serenity. They're the only official and complete documentation on our favorite boat, and include details not previously revealed in the movie or TV show.

They are nothing short of amazing. But don't take our word for it, check out the attached Serenity Blueprint backgrounder, which contains images of each sheet.

We will likely make the blueprints available for order on our Web site a couple of days in advance of shipping.

Download more info, and views of all ten sheets, in the below link.

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=65oew6bab.0.bcnxd5bab.jgn8t8bab.940&ts=S0235&p=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.quantummechanix.com%2Finsider_images%2Fissue_1.1%2FQMx_Serenity_Blueprints_bg.pdf

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
Yeah, that's a killer price all right! :freak:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
Oh, I'm a Browncoat all right, but that price gives me brown pants!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
veedubb67 said:
Any word on their Firefly model?
First I'm hearing of it - any details known? Size? Price range? material? Kit or finished?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
That's a lot of gorram money! For that they made Thomas stop his garage kit that I COULD have afforded!

Oh well.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I can see $499 for the Serenity replica, it's frakkin' high, but I can see it.

But $100 for a set of blueprints is just insane,imho. 'Less Qmx is throwing in a few nudes of Kaylee and Inara.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
I was ready to part with up to $200 for a good. large model KIT of Serenity.
I don't like paying that much for statues.

·
Registered
642 Posts
PhilipMarlowe said:
But $100 for a set of blueprints is just insane,imho. 'Less Qmx is throwing in a few nudes of Kaylee and Inara.
If Qmx did that, I'd be willing to pay twice the price....even more depending on the poses :devil:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Serenity? I got the blueprint set. The Serenity they offer is way too expensive. I have three Serenity ships already.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THe blueprint set came in today. Beautiful set! As promised by QM, there are details not known, or seen in the series or movie. The main set is 1/160 scale. I am glad I got them.

With the set, you get a coupon for $25 off the Serenity scaled replica.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
With the set, you get a coupon for $25 off the Serenity scaled replica.
Wow, that drops the price to merely ridiculous :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts