Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Have any of you seen the new Robby the Robot Christmas ornaments from Hallmark yet? They are really accurate and feature blue chest light,and voice(although the voice is a generic one,not from actual movie audio track). I have one and it's awesome! I just wanted to give you guys a "heads up" before they are gone,because I bought the last one my local Hallmark store had,and they are selling like hotcakes on ebay! They also have some pretty cool Star Trek ornaments too. Get 'em while you can! (No, I'm not selling them myself).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yeah I got mine last week. He's pricey but very well done. I paid $18.50 for mine at Hallmark. He may not be a big seller since they had a TON compared to say the Star Trek (sold out) and Lionel Train (selling out). He goes for a good bit on eBay. I notice Kohls, where I buy some of the Hallmark ornaments, does not stock Robby... Too bad because after Xmas they are like 80% off...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey scotpens, I never saw that other thread. I did'nt even know about this ornament until the day before Thanksgiving.Went out on "black friday" just to snag one of these. Thanks to the nice lady at the Hallmark store,I have another one on the way from another store(saved a lot of gas). They have a way cool Star Trek "Menagerie" episode with Kirk,Spock,and Capt. Christopher Pike (in wheelchair) with voice and the little yellow light on Pike's chair lights and beeps. Sweet. They also have a 1/1 scale Phaser 1 ornament with lights and sound.Also sweet.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm pretty poor right now, but I snatched one up at the strip mall at Krogers. Its pretty dang coooool..to cool to pass up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,it's way cool,but be careful putting the batteries in,his head part has 2 small prongs that could break off if not careful. I have another one waiting for me at my local Hallmark,picking him up tommorow. Now,if we can get them to do a B9!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna have to find a good spot on the tree for this ornament,right in the front at eye level. I'de like to see how well Hallmark would do with a B9 and maybe a J2. I have considered emailing them and flat out asking them to do it.:dude:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts