Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BANNED
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beware, USPS clickNShip only does Priority and Express now.
I didn't look around and spent $22+ to ship a cylindrical package that weighs about 7 ounces. I just looked again at USPS and found a service that would cost only $5.05 with certificate of mailing.
I started to ship this last week and needed the phone number for customs and then I procrastinated some more.
when I was on ShipNClick then there was an option for the lesser priced service, but not today. I went online at USPS and the rep told me that they no longer offer the lesser forms of shipping in their label and online postage areas.
I should have backed out instead of paying and taken the package to the post office.
that is why I am letting Y'all know to beware. use the regular USPS postage calculator BEFORE using any of their online label services.
:(

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
beware, USPS clickNShip only does Priority and Express now.
I didn't look around and spent $22+ to ship a cylindrical package that weighs about 7 ounces. I just looked again at USPS and found a service that would cost only $5.05 with certificate of mailing.
I started to ship this last week and needed the phone number for customs and then I procrastinated some more.
when I was on ShipNClick then there was an option for the lesser priced service, but not today. I went online at USPS and the rep told me that they no longer offer the lesser forms of shipping in their label and online postage areas.
I should have backed out instead of paying and taken the package to the post office.
that is why I am letting Y'all know to beware. use the regular USPS postage calculator BEFORE using any of their online label services.
:(
thanks for the heads up Al, yes they are getting rediculous with postage as of lately.

·
BANNED
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that being said, folks who have been waiting for stuff from me will be getting it soon.
fortunately none of it is sales, I would feel like a real heel if they were.
so, if I told you in the last 4 weeks I would send you, whatever, and you sent me your mailing address, something should appear soon. if it doesn't, let me know! LOL

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Al, you're a good guy, and a very generous man. Sorry to hear about the clickNship change, but thanks for the headsup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I got screwed too.
I used the Pay$al shipping and it charged me $17 for something that the reg USPS site said should only be $12.40.
The screen said something like, "20 lb weight class" even though I entered 7 lbs.
This was parcel post. Problem was once I saw the price I was already committed to print the label.
Got me once, never again, to the post office it is on heavier or odd sized boxes.

Later,
Keith

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
You can use Paypal's shipping to ship first class and parcel post. It is slightly kludgy but you can click on "Multi Order Shipping" in PayPal and it will allow you to create shipping labels in any way you want. It's how I ship my trade stuff and you get delivery confirmation.

·
BANNED
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bobwoodly, would that I could.
but after entering all the info and choosing to "print and pay" it gives me a pop up window that tells me it is 'not available at this time`.
has been for two months now. I call PayPal, they say they know, but it is not affecting enough users for them to correct it. so, for me, that option is null and void.
but, thank you for pointing that out to those who still can use it.
I used to print and pay for many labels that way and I was quite happy with the discounts along with the convenience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts