Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Arthur C Clarke's Alien Worlds was the absolute best radio show I ever heard! I still have a few tapes with some 6 episodes on them. Sadly they are in such bad shape that I dare not use them. Someday I hope to get them into digital format.

I had been hoping that Seeing Ear Theater (on scifi.com) would eventually start playing Alien Worlds. But they informed me that due to a very strict copyright no one is allowed to rebroadcast those shows. I even sent a letter, a real one, to Arthur C Clarke asking if there was anything he could do. I never recieved a response.

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Hmmm, interestingly there is no mention of Arthur C Clarke anywhere on that website. All the tapes I have mention his name prominently. I wonder if he was merely a sponsor?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I remember listening to and recording Alien Worlds in the 80's. They never mentioned Mr. Clarke back then. Do the stories on your tapes mention StarLab, or Griff and Buddy? My favorite of all the episodes was "DeathSong". The music in that episode was fantastic!

Also, have any of you been to the Delta 7 website to hear the adventures of
Rosie RetroRocket? It's great! (http://www.delta7studios.com/)

Larry

:p

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
LGFugate said:
I remember listening to and recording Alien Worlds in the 80's. They never mentioned Mr. Clarke back then. Do the stories on your tapes mention StarLab, or Griff and Buddy? My favorite of all the episodes was "DeathSong". The music in that episode was fantastic!

Also, have any of you been to the Delta 7 website to hear the adventures of
Rosie RetroRocket? It's great! (http://www.delta7studios.com/)

Larry

:p
The stories I have are on CD sold at their web site,and yes it is the Alien Worlds with Starlab. Starlab is the Arthur C.Clarke Astronautical Observatory.
I first bought them on tape form The Minds Eye, but they stopped selling them. They are only sold at www.alienworlds.com. They have the whole series, plus art prints and a book on Starlab.

I found the Rosie RetroRockets stuff while looking for paper/card models, good adventures. I wish that they would come out with more.

Lloyd:wave:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
THANKS, NORM!! Is there a way I can burn these to CD so I can listen to them in my car? I can hear them with Quick Time, and I have a Toast burner on my
Mac.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
They are .mp3 files, so any burning software, (I use Nero) can burn them to cd if you download them to your pc first. (Just right-click on the link and choose to save target as...)

Dan from Delta 7 is currently off-line caring for a seriously ill father. Maybe when he gets back, he can get some more Rosie episodes going.

Larry
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Never heard it actually on air - but - Arch Obler's "Lights Out" was a great album I used to have along with the Hitchcock album.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
Yeah, very much appreciate the link. I love the old 'Amos 'n' Andy' shows. Great stuff!
I love the "Amos "N" Andy show. When I use to have a long drive to work I would listen to tapes and CDs. I like The Shadow, Jack Benny,and all the old shows. I find some of the shows at flea markets also. How about the BBC's Lord of the Rings series. Back in the 80's Public Radio use to have a lot of radio shows ,new and old. LOR was on for 24 weeks, Star Wars was another good radio series.

It is a shame Radio Shows are only in the past. Sometimes at Halloween The War of the Worlds is still broadcasted. The old show and Jeff Wayne's modern rock version. It is on CD, Richard Burton plays the main charater.

I just remembered another good show, Gunsmoke with William Conrad.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
yes the old days

"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men,the shadow knows"

improvise,adapt and overcome we are the fellowship of modelers.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The cheap, fast way to get OTR.. find otrcdme in Yahoo groups, find out which groups covers your location, and start sharing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts