Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
They have been released.
Target Store Exclusive.
Around $35.

I'm predicting fairly easy acquisition on this one and getting them on clearance will be a pretty safe bet in my opinion. I know there's alot of Merc fans and Wood fans, but the price vs. the 10 cars chosen for the set appears to be out of balance compared to previous offerings, and those previous offerings could still be had at clearance time.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
SLICEOFLIGHTNIN said:
There Are Lower Production Numbers This Year 15k And They Are 34.99 / Only At Target 4 Per Store
Darn good thing, I actually was thinking they should reduce production to avoid over supply, but that just made too much sense to me so I figured they would make a million of them. :roll:

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are in the stockrooms of most Targets now.Most stores are getting one case of four sets...high volume Targets will get two cases.The purge date (the date they are suppose to be put out) is October 18th and the DPCI# is 087-07-0890.Also Target has the Larry Wood Holiday Hot Rods...DPCI# 087-07-0460 and the purge date is October 24th.Hope this helps everyone find them.....Thanks...JIM...I really would not look for the Ten car sets to make it markdown status this year because rumor is this is the last year for the Ten car sets (This is the third year for them at Target)

·
Registered
37 Posts
And if you take the DPCI # in with you, Your store might go back and drag them out for you. Ask at the customer service counter, you'll have better luck than asking a toy dept. clerk.

Our store brought them out for us, when asked, on Wed.

Good luck

·
Registered
408 Posts
I know of a guy that bought all of them and is counting on them being marked down, it is just not right!I would have bought one if I could have

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
HW 10 car tins

Target only. I got one mainly cause I got one last 2 years. they are nice, not $35 nice though. Most HW stuff is over priced. Dont think they will hit clearance this year. I also heard 4 per store. Hope you find one Mark. Al

·
Registered
120 Posts
Larry Wood is the head designer for Hot Wheels and the company is celebrating his 35th Anniversary with a special tour this year to various events all over the world.He left this week going to the Japan segment of his tour.He is a super guy and if I can find the photos that were taken at his "SHOP" at his birthday party I will post them.Not just Hot Wheels but full size real cars also...he has a neat collection of assorted Street Rods and some of these cars have been produced as Hot Wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been trying to score one of these tins for weeks and no luck YET but I see several being raffled on Epay! Did I say Epay--I meant Ebay.

·
Registered
451 Posts
jshogo said:
Larry Wood is the head designer for Hot Wheels and the company is celebrating his 35th Anniversary with a special tour this year to various events all over the world.He left this week going to the Japan segment of his tour.He is a super guy and if I can find the photos that were taken at his "SHOP" at his birthday party I will post them.Not just Hot Wheels but full size real cars also...he has a neat collection of assorted Street Rods and some of these cars have been produced as Hot Wheels.
I grew up with Larry Wood's son Sean. We went to school together, raced motocross together, and hung out alot at his house. Larry always had artwork of cars he was designing laying around the house and prototype cars and such that he was working on...I remember thinking how cool it was that he could make a living dreaming up new Hot Wheels. Not only is he a great guy, but an incredible artist, just super talented.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just a small sidebar on Larry Wood. Have any of you ever seen "Robosaurus" at an airshow or other event? It's a large hydraulic T-Rex that crushes and burns cars. Larry also did the original concept / design drawings for that. I guess he's having a lot more fun now than if he had stayed in the design department at Ford! ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
In addition to everything he creates in his positon with Mattel...he is also the President of one of the largest car clubs in Southern California...."Early Times" ... and they put on two large car shows a year that are very involved with local charities in that area of California.If his "Tour" comes to a town near you...DON'T MISS IT!!!!Thanks...JIM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts