Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all remember my vision problems. Then the court problems involving my license. Let me throw in I still dont have heat here just for fun.
I lost every one of my certifications at work today due to my eyesight. My eye doctor thought of putting me on disabilty a year ago but I made it this far. Up till now. If I blew the test for my job its not looking good to pass the test at the BMV. My company does the same test. And I have to pass to give the judge a valid drivers license on the 14th. I used to kid my buddy at work that I will spend all of this time and money to get my license back on the 14th of next month just to have the doc say it aint going to happen three days before I go to court. Its not that big of a joke tonight. I didnt think it would "really" turn out that way. These customs I have really gotten into started as proving to myself that I'm not blind and I can see to do this, I'm good to go. They dont buy that in the real world. I may have a lot more time to play it seems. I'm not done yet but its not looking good for the home team. I'm just going to play with what I get dealt and see what happens in the next few weeks. I can make it on what I was quoted on social security, I just worry how long it will take to get it started. I'm stll fighting it, so who knows.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Brother, very few us can even imagine what your facing. Thank you for keeping us updated. As you know, there are MANY people on this board that care deeply for you and this continuing situation. I know that prayers will continue on your behalf and just plan old good thoughts all around!

I am glad to here that you could work with the SS amount should it come to that, but I am most hopeful for your overall vision. It's hard to paint toy cars when you keep miss judging the casting for your elbow! (Though you would look quite stylish...maybe bare metal foil your fingernails for that extra touch!)

Besides, it's good to work. It's what separates the time between diecast time. Without that, you wouldn’t know when to stop and go to bed! Seriously, we are praying for you and are here for you in any way we can.

Ward

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Bob,
I really can't say this any better than Ward has said it. I'm not sure exactly how to word my feelings, but you should know that I do feel for you. I'm awful sorry it's so difficult for you and I wish you could get your sight back, but I know you can't. That's what makes it hard to write here - the fact that I can't do anything to help you get that eye back. However, I can still pray for you, and that I will do. If it comes down to being put on disability, it's good to know that what Social Security will pay you will be enough for you to live on. I hope it doesn't come down to that though. I'm pulling for you Bob.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bob, like Ward & Zeb I don't know what to say or how to say it. just know that I have you in my prayers. hang in there, I know everyone here on HT wish we could help you.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
With all the prayers and good thoughts coming from your bros from around the world, you are bound to catch a break Bob. Hang in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts