Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gonna get trashed bigtime...along with a lot of the state. This is not good. Major damage could occur to all the launch pads on the cape. The shuttle may have to wait beyond next spring.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I am blown away by the incredible stupidity of these on-site weather reporters getting tossed around in the wind and rain,like a soon to be ex-wife,all the while pleading with viewers on how stupid it is for others to be outdoors during the storm. :freak:

Meanwhile,men,women and children frolic in deadly riptides.
...evidently,it's safer than hunkering down in thier mobile homes?
Sadly, a lot of smart residents who would leave if they could,simply can't afford it.

I just don't get it. :confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Well, if they can't afford to leave at least there are free storm shelters for them to go to, and at least they will be safe!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
unfortunately,a lot of these "free shelters" from poor towns are schools that are not impervious to destruction, as apposed to stronger,better built schools located in larger towns and cities. :cry:

·
Registered
535 Posts
We're bracing

My parents came here from Palm Beach Co. to ride out the storm. They are safer as we are exactly west of the storm about 100 miles. We will get tropical storm wind and inches of rain. Charley was only a few miles from here (East Ft. Myers). At first I thought we were about 40 miles from the center of Charley. After thinking about it we were probably more like 20 or 25 miles away. Fortunately we only lost some big trees (seven in total). As I said before I will still take it over snow:) The people who surf, stay on the coast and etc. are idiots. Nevertheless, I hope all are safe. Look, off in the distance, here comes Ivan!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just grabbed the last flight out of Jacksonille I was told?? Went down Thursday for a a little house shopping and everything was closed! I met a couple last night that drove from Palm Beach to Jacksonville....in a record 18 hours!

I might fly back on Tuesday thinking there might be some good deals on housing???

Good Luck Rob and Kevin my parents are in Sarasota! So far I think it might go north of you but then again you never can tell.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I'm building me a big friggin' kite! Maybe I can ride it to Louisiana!

Seriously, we're just gonna hang here. Everything is pretty well strapped down now, or brought inside, or stored properly anyways. I'm on high ground so the flooding is no problem. The wind will be our biggest threat here. I'm on the Pasco side of the Spring Hill area, so I'm looking for a nice breeze, eh?

:)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
owl said:
I'm building me a big friggin' kite! Maybe I can ride it to Louisiana!

Seriously, we're just gonna hang here. Everything is pretty well strapped down now, or brought inside, or stored properly anyways. I'm on high ground so the flooding is no problem. The wind will be our biggest threat here. I'm on the Pasco side of the Spring Hill area, so I'm looking for a nice breeze, eh?

:)
Hey Owl,you gotta Dog that lives real close to you in Pinellas!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
RobDog said:
I am blown away by the incredible stupidity of these on-site weather reporters getting tossed around in the wind and rain,like a soon to be ex-wife,all the while pleading with viewers on how stupid it is for others to be outdoors during the storm. :freak:

Meanwhile,men,women and children frolic in deadly riptides.
...evidently,it's safer than hunkering down in thier mobile homes?
Sadly, a lot of smart residents who would leave if they could,simply can't afford it.

I just don't get it. :confused:

update:
Reporter hit and hurt by debris...colleague states,"this is why it's not safe to be outside" .......Duuuuuhhhh :freak:
(we desperatley need a moron with finger in nose smilie)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
RobDog said:
the predicted path doesn't look good for my newly purchased home in Clearwater :eek:
I looks like it might go back out into the gulf and head straight for my lil beach shack in Destin :(
I hope all you guys stay safe, my prayers are with you.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
My little brothers in orlando. We grew up at the beach in Va. and saw a lot of hurricanes come and go but I don't think he realizes how big this one is. The little dummys having a hurricane party! I worry about him :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts