Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's everything I got of the Shuttle. A buddy got an invite to JPL so he went there. I decided Griffith Observatory was the best vantage point and climbed Mt. hollywood. At 1,600 feet, the small crowd was way above the Observatory, giving us a view of the entire flight path around the County.

From the moment Endeavour cut in from the water over Santa Monica to circling downtown to disappearing on it's way to the Queen Mary at Long Beach, to its return up the coast to fly over us, circle over Universal, back around us and downtown and it's way over to JPL before finally disappearing on its way to Disney, we had more than 10 full minutes of prime viewing at nearly eye level and at its closest, mere hundreds of feet away.

Pt1 Arrival and climb to Mt Hollywood
Skip if you don't want to hear me talk of the morning's adventure which began at 330am.

Every moment of good or decent footage I got.
Pt2 Shuttle passes

Title says it all.
Pt3 Epilogue

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Really cool Tom. I not too long ago I built the Rereleased Hasegawa Shuttle and 747.

Hey are we going to be graced with another Big E video tonight. How many more vids do you think there will be. They are all amazing, and I cant wait to get the kit in my hands.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to get that kit!
I will be shooting the wrap up videos tonight with over 18 viewer requests. It will take me some time. Probably have something by tomorrow.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey Tom,

Cool video, its amazing how the 747 can even fly with the shuttle on it, it looks so far awkward.

Say did you do up the inside of your car as an X-Wing cockpit? I could see a bit of R2D2 in the back and around the inside of the drive's door looked don up too. It would be neat to see more.

Take care.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tom,

Cool video, its amazing how the 747 can even fly with the shuttle on it, it looks so far awkward.

Say did you do up the inside of your car as an X-Wing cockpit? I could see a bit of R2D2 in the back and around the inside of the drive's door looked don up too. It would be neat to see more.

Take care.
I'm in the process of gutting the interior now.
www.youtube.com/user/gearsmctinkersome

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great belly shot! Looked like a packed crowd you had from up where I was.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
It'll take awhile to get it on display, I mean with having to scrape all the smog marks of the hull and everything. Nose is probably all black from cutting thru the thick stuff. :wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Some great videos Tom, thanks for posting them for those of us that would never get a chance to see it. Sounds like quite a day and what a beautiful spot for viewing it! Is that observatory the one they used in the movie Rebel Without A Cause? Looks familiar? Looks like the area on the right side might be where they had that fight scene?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Thouight these images were pretty cool too.:cool:

-Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts