Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avast ye scurvy dawgs!

Don't ye be fergetten that Int'l Talk Like A Pirate Day is comin' up on 19 September! This year our glorious day will be selly-brated by a telly-vision show havin' Pirates on it - "Wife Swap".

So, do yer part to help keep the global warmin' to a minimum by convertin' to Piratism! Even if it be fer one day only, it might could help us all!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Shiver me timbers and blow me down! A toast to actor Robert Newton, the patron saint of Talk Like A Pirate Day, whose portrayal of Long John Silver in the 1950 Disney classic Treasure Island created the popular image of the archetypal pirate. Sadly, Newton died of a heart attack at the early age of 50 in 1956.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Newton

Bring us a noggin of rum, now, won't you, matey!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Hmmmmmm, I waz Gunna Tawk like that thar pairout from Long john Silvers Seafude Places! AAARrr! Maybe Kelsey Grammer tooo (Down Periscope)

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Avast ye pillagin' fools! Today be Inter-nation-'l Tawk Like Uh Pirate Day! Don't be lettin' me catch ya tawkin' like them dandy white-handed land-lubbers! :D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yellowbeard:
"Betrayin's all part of piratin'. If you don't know that you're not even close to being a pirate, "Prawn of my loins", my foot! You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood Dan, and it's not in your blood or you'd have betrayed me long ago!"

Oh yeah. Arrrr. :p

·
Registered
867 Posts
Arrrrghhh! Here's a jolt from me flagon to our lost messmate Robert Newton! And another pull for me favorite space pirate, the late, lamented Roger Carmel!

M.
"the third pirate from the left"

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
aye maty remember to keep yer ruddy hands inboard, to help repel those who may try ta boarddd an remember this me bucko, DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES. if in it's treasure ye be lookin' for you've come to the proper place. heed my warnin' or it'll be to davey jones fer ya.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
model maker said:
aye maty remember to keep yer ruddy hands inboard, to help repel those who may try ta boarddd an remember this me bucko, DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES. if in it's treasure ye be lookin' for you've come to the proper place. heed my warnin' or it'll be to davey jones fer ya.
aarrr maty be shore to click onto the thumbnail

·
Registered
133 Posts
Arrgh! Ye Scurvy Dogs!

May Ye all be havin' yees a bountiful International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrgh!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts