Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder where the best place might be to snag a few of those plastic carrying cases fitted for 1/64 car. Not sure if there's a specific name for them. I call them tupperware for diecast.

I'm looking for the best way to store cars in a very limited space and keep them neat and orderly. I figure some WM plastic totes might be the best thing for my carded cars...which are currently in cardboard boxes. Some are with me and the rest are in storage since I moved. I wouldn't mind getting some out of storage, if possible. But at the same time, I need to consider room for new stuff that accumulates. I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
yeah goto walmart and buy them. Toy aisle. Or go over to fishing and buy a tackle thing or goto sewing and get an organizer.

Jammer cases

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah goto walmart and buy them. Toy aisle. Or go over to fishing and buy a tackle thing or goto sewing and get an organizer.

Jammer cases
Never thought to look in the fishing tackle, or sewing. Thanks for the tips, Pierre. I'll check WM later today and see what I can find :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I seem to remember they can be ordered online as well. Others who have ordered them should have a link. I can't remember they company name off the top off my head.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think Hot Cases is a company that makes large Tupperware type containers for carded Hot Wheels. Try looking them up.

·
Banned
200 Posts
If you're talking about carded cars Dragnet, Wal Marts in my area are right now clearancing plastic totes out cheap. I bought a few last night at $3.40 each, several to choose from in the 3-5.00 range, and are a nice medium size. If you're talking about loose cars, yeah Jammers are $6 each and hold I believe 64 cars.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
If you're talking about carded cars Dragnet, Wal Marts in my area are right now clearancing plastic totes out cheap. I bought a few last night at $3.40 each, several to choose from in the 3-5.00 range, and are a nice medium size. If you're talking about loose cars, yeah Jammers are $6 each and hold I believe 64 cars.
Yup, just check the Christmas area for totes. Same totes with a Christmas label are on clearance. We usually snag extras this time of year.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the totes at WM, small ones $3.40...but they sold out of lids, so I bought one real big one for my carded cars.

As for anything resembling a jammer case, no dice. Checked toys, fishing, and sewing, nothing. Pierre, remeber, I live in a deprived area. Even my WM doesn't carry the stuff I've heard most others do.

TRU had some HWs cases, 48 cars for $12.99, 100 cars for $19.99. I didn't pick any of those up due to cash being tight, and I wanted to price around for the clear plastic cases, hoping they'll be cheaper.

I'll check out the link and do some web searching tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it pans out.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm, try joann fabrics and dollar stores. So what does your walmart sell?
Crap, mostly. Actually, it's pretty basic stuff. But when it comes to diecast, or anything that might come up that i actually need, they seem to be shooting blanks. Also, anything with working part...from TVs to vacuum cleaners...have to fall off the truck and bounce around on the side of the road before we get it. Everything electronic I've ever bought there has gone belly-up withing a matter of weeks. And we've had like 3 or 4 vaccum cleaners that did the same. And several other people I know have had the same problems, but only at this particular WM. Outside the area, everyone else I know swears this is a fluke. Go figure.

It need not be said that I no longer buy this type of stuff at my WM.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If your Wally world still has the big 18 gallon Bins for $3.40, like ours does, then I would pick up a couple and start stacking them. Granted you wont be able to see them but at least you will have a lot in the totes and they won't take up too much space.
Richard

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the Jammers cases directly from Plano where they are manufactured. It was an easy process and the employees are extremely friendly.

The model # is 531500 (48 car garage)
Plano Molding Company
800-226-9868
Mon.-Fri. 7:30a.m.-4:00p.m. (central time)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought the Jammers cases directly from Plano where they are manufactured. It was an easy process and the employees are extremely friendly.

The model # is 531500 (48 car garage)
Plano Molding Company
800-226-9868
Mon.-Fri. 7:30a.m.-4:00p.m. (central time)
Cool, I'll give them a call and see what they want per case :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts