Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carnut2256 said:
I heard today that NE is favored by nine????? :drunk:

Of course: we have lots of rookies including our coaching staff! But we're hungry... :devil:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Looking at the Jets season, they had a pretty easy schedule. They did beat the Pats in Foxboro, but of their other nine wins none were against teams with a winning record. The best teams they beat were the 8-8 Packers and Titans. Victories against teams like the Raiders, Lions, Vikings, Texans are good only because they are teams you need to beat to get into the playoffs, but not likely to make you last deep into them. They did play a few good teams close in losses, Indy (lost by 3) Da Bears (lost by 10 although they were shutout). But, losses to Jacksonville (41-0), Buffalo (at home!) 31-13, and Cleveland are cause for concern.

I know they have played well (6-2) in last eight games and the playoffs are a new season blah blah blah, but let's set some realistic expectations here. If the Jets somehow can beat the Patriots for a second time this season, the likelihood they can make it through the next two games would be slim to none.

I wish them luck. :wave:

As for the Patriots, well they are the Patriots. I think they'll play the Jets close and tough, but will eke out a win. Beyond that, it will depend on the matchups.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CTWLSMIKE said:
Looking at the Jets season, they had a pretty easy schedule. They did beat the Pats in Foxboro, but of their other nine wins none were against teams with a winning record. The best teams they beat were the 8-8 Packers and Titans. Victories against teams like the Raiders, Lions, Vikings, Texans are good only because they are teams you need to beat to get into the playoffs, but not likely to make you last deep into them. They did play a few good teams close in losses, Indy (lost by 3) Da Bears (lost by 10 although they were shutout). But, losses to Jacksonville (41-0), Buffalo (at home!) 31-13, and Cleveland are cause for concern.

I know they have played well (6-2) in last eight games and the playoffs are a new season blah blah blah, but let's set some realistic expectations here. If the Jets somehow can beat the Patriots for a second time this season, the likelihood they can make it through the next two games would be slim to none.

I wish them luck. :wave:

As for the Patriots, well they are the Patriots. I think they'll play the Jets close and tough, but will eke out a win. Beyond that, it will depend on the matchups.
I agree somewhat, but: we beat Miami twice and they have a highly ranked defense; we beat the Texans, who beat Jax twice and Indy once; the Browns game was helped by the zebras ( :mad: ); the Vikings had a highly ranked run defense, and the Raiders had a highly ranked defense/pass defense.

Not that any of that really proves too much - "any given Sunday" is a cliche, but very true. Its how you adapt to each opponent.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Hey, have you seen your coach lately, the one who's "not going to Alabama" ??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
:D :D :D :devil: ........um......ahem.....now now boys, if you can't play nice.......(snicker)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Steve and I have developed a friendly Pats-Dolphins rivalry :p When I showed up at his shop last week to pick up the Johnny's that Dad's Coronet bought, Steve's last words as I walked out the door were: "If I knew you were coming, I'd have worn my Dolphin's hat!!!"

I hear you can get a buck ninety eight for those now, Steve! :tongue: :wave:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Very Cool!! I'm a Jets fan myself and my brother just so happens to think that his Patriots are going to win the game this Sunday. I TP'd his house last night......

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
SkipperC said:
........um......ahem.....now now boys, if you can't play nice.......

SkipperC said:
Very Cool!! I'm a Jets fan myself and my brother just so happens to think that his Patriots are going to win the game this Sunday. I TP'd his house last night......
and you're telling US to behave??? :lol: :lol: :eek: :thumbsup:

Pats over Jets 24-17 ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Pats over Jets 24-17 ;)[/QUOTE]

:D :D :D :devil: Well, he brought up the same point that ctwlsMike did. Said they were the best at beating losing teams and that the win over NE earlier was because of injuries. Thus, a TP'ing was administered. BY the way, how 'bout we go Jets 31-Pats 17 :cool:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
SkipperC said:
Well, he brought up the same point that ctwlsMike did. Said they were the best at beating losing teams and that the win over NE earlier was because of injuries. Thus, a TP'ing was administered. BY the way, how 'bout we go Jets 31-Pats 17
Care to wager a Johnny on this, Skipper? No spread, straight up Win/Lose :devil: :cool: :wave: :dude:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Care to wager a Johnny on this, Skipper? No spread, straight up Win/Lose :devil: :cool: :wave: :dude:
I would love to relieve you of one of your top quality JL diecast vehicles :p Whatcha got in mind????

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
SkipperC said:
I would love to relieve you of one of your top quality JL diecast vehicles :p Whatcha got in mind????
We could go regular for a regular, or a white for a white. How much faith do ya have, brother? :tongue: ;) :cool:

We can agree to a random choice of either, or state for the record what our offerings are (I myself look forward to being surprised, and trust that your judgement will not be tainted by "sour grapes" :p )

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
carnut2256 said:
We could go regular for a regular, or a white for a white. How much faith do ya have, brother? :tongue: ;) :cool:

We can agree to a random choice of either, or state for the record what our offerings are (I myself look forward to being surprised, and trust that your judgement will not be tainted by "sour grapes" :p )
My faith knows no bounds. However, I believe that you my friend, along with those Patriots, are in need of the power of prayer :p As for the spoils I agree that surprises are great fun. But...........having to choose a WL BEFORE the game and watching in dread as ownership slowly slips away really adds to the preassure. And the drama. And the heartbreak :cool: So, what do you have that's semi-precious? Something you don't have a dupe of and would REALLY cause some serious palpitations :eek: should said ownership come into question??? How much faith do you have, brother. :devil:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Are you saying yeah or nea to a WL??? Semi-precious would indicate a "non-white" but still valuable regular (a limited or commemorative, perhaps???).

Hmmmmmm.... let me think a second.....

I've got this Commemorative 1997 Playing Mantis "Tour" car that is somewhat limited, and a special car in my collection that I have just one of.....

thanks, as always, to Wyatt for the pic ;)

Watchoo got, Skipper????

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
WL's are not out of the question. I kind of like the idea of a promo or Tour car, or perhaps a Fest car......got one of these????

Or is there something in particular you have been dreaming about...... :)

(Wyatt, U da Man!!!)

Or, we could raise the stakes a little.... :devil:

?????????????????????????????????????????? :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
SkipperC said:
WL's are not out of the question. I kind of like the idea of a promo or Tour car, or perhaps a Fest car......got one of these????

Or is there something in particular you have been dreaming about...... :)

(Wyatt, U da Man!!!)

Or, we could raise the stakes a little.... :devil:

?????????????????????????????????????????? :)
I would loooovvvveeee to add that 'Bird to my collection. I see your BWF GTO WL, and raise you a PIP Nomad WL (WL photo not available at this moment).

*pushes ante to midle of table*

*CALLS*

(we'll see on Sunday...... no spread, no points, winner takes all)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
*leans forward and stubs out cigarette* "Ah, we have reached a deal then, no?" *cooly slides on gloves and shades, turns to leave and walks smack into waitress carrying a tray of cocktails, sending ice, glasses, olives and twists flying everywhere* Skipper has left the building........... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts