Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from the latest release of VW's. Poor Quality Control let this one slip by...

The wheel is completey missing from the package.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
That's the new "tire repair" series. Paint the wheel drum give it a caliper and shoes and be done with it. ;)

Actually, it does kinda look like a black disc brake. Paint the calipier on it, maybe some drill and slots, get a little piece of concrete, square it off like a cinderblock, prop it up, and call it good! :)

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Please look under the front hood to find the spare. There should be a small diecst jack on a small diecast clip on its right. Slide the diecast jack into the diecast jack recepticle on the correct side of the car. Operate the diecast jack by inserting the diecast tire tool into into the jack and move it in an up and down motion. Place new real rubber tire and plastic rim on the hub. Place the diecast lug bolts through the rim and tighten onto the hub. Lower the diecast jack by placing the diecast tire tool into the other opening on the diecast jack. Replace the diecast jack in the proper diecast clip under the front hood. VOLIA problem solved!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
Actually, it does kinda look like a black disc brake. Paint the calipier on it, maybe some drill and slots, get a little piece of concrete, square it off like a cinderblock, prop it up, and call it good! :)
VW Used durm brakes on the air cooled beetle. In order to have discs they would have to be after market.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I saw the orange one with two diffrent wheels on it ,I should have bought it,then you only need two more to have a set.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
Please look under the front hood to find the spare. There should be a small diecst jack on a small diecast clip on its right. Slide the diecast jack into the diecast jack recepticle on the correct side of the car. Operate the diecast jack by inserting the diecast tire tool into into the jack and move it in an up and down motion. Place new real rubber tire and plastic rim on the hub. Place the diecast lug bolts through the rim and tighten onto the hub. Lower the diecast jack by placing the diecast tire tool into the other opening on the diecast jack. Replace the diecast jack in the proper diecast clip under the front hood. VOLIA problem solved!
Wasn't there a small tool kit and repair manual too? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I saw one yesterday, I forget which model, and one wheel was bent completely under the car. It was sad. :cry: On the upside, I did pick up the blue Super Beetle cabriolet and the red Beetle with the stinger. :thumbsup: TRU had several pegs full of new cars, but I took my two boys with me, and I told them we each had $10.00 to spend, so I didn't want to cheat and spend more on myself.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My favorite detail is the photo card which is just a picture of the JL photoshoped over a background photograph! :lol: Looks a little cheesy to me, but maybe I'm just being picky. Of course, JL has some history with bad photoshopping of some of their picture cards. Guess that tradition lives on. (not really upset, I just find it funny).

Too bad about the tire though.

1up

·
Registered
123 Posts
if that was a hotwheel it would be priceless....maybe JL is trying to copy hotwheels and let a few get by in the poor attempt to start a new collecting phase and make more money that way :freak:
GOD bless
wayne james ( MODELOCAR)

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
looks like some car strippers beat ya to the car.i wonder ifthey got the radio to ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool: :tongue:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
How many time do I have to tell you not to park in that part of South Bend!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
modelocar said:
if that was a hotwheel it would be priceless....maybe JL is trying to copy hotwheels and let a few get by in the poor attempt to start a new collecting phase and make more money that way :freak:
GOD bless
wayne james ( MODELOCAR)
Well the way QC as been lately their doin a dang good job of it so far!

...slaps hands real hard and says "SORRY" to all that were offended :(

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
1up said:
My favorite detail is the photo card which is just a picture of the JL photoshoped over a background photograph! :lol: Looks a little cheesy to me, but maybe I'm just being picky. Of course, JL has some history with bad photoshopping of some of their picture cards. Guess that tradition lives on. (not really upset, I just find it funny).

Too bad about the tire though.

1up
lol, yes, you can only laugh at the cheesiness.

Wow, poor bug, RC2 needs to get their game on, QC effectiveness has clearly slipped in correlation with the recent "turn around" of the JL line.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts