Hobbyist Forums banner

cot bodies only or any body

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,110 Posts
in the past the orl went by majority of the rules set.it is just trying to make the racing what will be best for the racers and its series.nothing against any ones rules or there series.just want the racers to decide what they think will be the best for them during the whole race season.we will be using 93% of the tours rules just a couple tweaks.

· Registered
3,745 Posts
in the past the orl went by majority of the rules set.it is just trying to make the racing what will be best for the racers and its series.nothing against any ones rules or there series.just want the racers to decide what they think will be the best for them during the whole race season.we will be using 93% of the tours rules just a couple tweaks.
Got ya. I hope to see the ORL take off. I know a lot of tracks could use the support up there. :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,110 Posts
we are 97% of it!want what is best for the orl.the tour rules are great for the carpet tracks they run on.many racers feel it wont work on there local track and are afraid it will cost them racers.i myself am going to run the cot with the other bodies and alot of others will also.who knows by the end of the orl season every one may be on it also.we already have a cot only class in 17.5 class wich the tour does not.and we will be racing on different surfaces unlike the tour also.

· Registered
3,745 Posts
I see what you are saying Ozzy, but If the ORL jumps on board that is yet another step closer to being unified. 17.5 Trucks, 13.5 COT, and 10.5 nationwide. I am not sure how that will not work with the tracks. I have raced on most of the tracks that the ORL will use in the series, and I don't see why anyone would think it wont work. I realize people may need to buy some new stuff, but they will anyway. We are talking about a $20 body. If you look at it like this...You may loose some people if you don't use TOUR rules as well...

Again this is an outsider looking in that may only run a few races. We usually bring 3 to 5 people, so this would be a small entry, but money is money.

· Banned
1,762 Posts
i dont see how the COT body wont work at some tracks even before there run on the "some" Track, if its working at trax 70 i dont see why it wont work at any track , i say tour rules 17.5 truck 13.5 cot 10.5 nationwide

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Oh yeah, Outdoor could be a whole diff animal. I don't even know if a COT 13.5 will stay on the track with caps...I heard it does, but I dont race in the heat, so I dont know that one...LOL
Joel-the only rule for break out class at Trax 70(approx 400'run line 30*banking,cap tires) is don't go any faster than 7.0(21.5 2c and 10.5 1c are about 1 sec quicker).They are running all combos of motors and batteries and they just throttle drive.In practice they have been in the low to mid 6.0's just playing around.

I would like to go with the Tour rules to start-keep all the tracks the same.Then I can go to Marshall's,The Strand and the Ovalmasters and be run the same car and body

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Joel-the only rule for break out class at Trax 70(approx 400'run line 30*banking,cap tires) is don't go any faster than 7.0(21.5 2c and 10.5 1c are about 1 sec quicker).They are running all combos of motors and batteries and they just throttle drive.In practice they have been in the low to mid 6.0's just playing around.

I would like to go with the Tour rules to start-keep all the tracks the same.Then I can go to Marshall's,The Strand and the Ovalmasters and be run the same car and body
Same here.

Chuck

· Premium Member
545 Posts

I agree, TOUR rules:thumbsup:

· Registered
3,019 Posts
the BRL group of racers are taking a giant leap this year. yes they will still have their 21.5 but they will be running COT bodies in 1 cell 13.5 and 1 cell everything else. i am a bit shocked that we are having so much bickering over this and i didnt see it anywhere but our area.
cmon:rolleyes:

· Registered
103 Posts
Run the T O U R rules!!! The T O U R rules package for the 2009 - 2010 season is the result of hundreds of hours, e-mails, and phone calls. If every track, Racer, and league run the T O U R rules than, WE the racers will have some of thr Best racing that we have seen in years. Thats what it is all about Good no Great racing!!!
If Paul Heitz was still alive he would say and I quote "WTF"" Run the T O U R rules" you all know what it means when Paul said that. So to sum it up just go with a Great rules package. The T O U R !!! :)

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Run the T O U R rules!!! The T O U R rules package for the 2009 - 2010 season is the result of hundreds of hours, e-mails, and phone calls. If every track, Racer, and league run the T O U R rules than, WE the racers will have some of thr Best racing that we have seen in years. Thats what it is all about Good no Great racing!!!
If Paul Heitz was still alive he would say and I quote "WTF"" Run the T O U R rules" you all know what it means when Paul said that. So to sum it up just go with a Great rules package. The T O U R !!! :)
well if you have bin racing for years how come you only have posted 5 times on hobby talk ????? make it 6 and post your name

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.