Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find some information out about original tub tracks. Like how many different colors there were, did they have serial numbers, how many were made, and where were they made. Does anyone have any ads on them they'd like to share? And what was the original cost?
--fcb

·
Registered
574 Posts
Bob Beers or possibly Tom Stumph would probably be the best place to get answers. I know Tom is on HT, I don't know about Bob.

I race on Bob's old tub track here in Minneapolis. One of the members of the Slot Car Underground bought his old tub at the Midwest Slot Car show a few years back. It has a Tomy plastic track in it now, for smoother running. It's a ball to run on, I like the layout for everything up to Magna Tractions. Fast cars are just a little too fast for that layout, unless you turn the power down.

Tom

·
Registered
877 Posts
Tub track

I'd like to find some information out about original tub tracks. Like how many different colors there were, did they have serial numbers, how many were made, and where were they made. Does anyone have any ads on them they'd like to share? And what was the original cost?
--fcb
FCB,
There were three colors Orange, Blue, Yellow. I heard there were Serial numbers on bottom by 2x4 brace I could not find mine. Not sure how many we're made.
You paid 25 dollars a month for 20 months. To own it 500 good deal.
Hope this helps
Sjj

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I started this Yahoo Group just to get the same amswers you are looking for:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/auroratubtrack/

I have never seen the serial number people talk about. I have owned two that do not have the serial number.

I have never seen a blue one. I have only seen yellow and orange. I have seen pictures of a few that were painted.

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
FCB, I have a color promo brochure, can send you a copy. :)
The Aurora Model Car Raceway in West Hemp. had 2 six lane tubbies
in front of store. One was yellow & other orange,I have an MCR power pack from one to them.
I have never heard or seen a blue one. :confused:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Click on the picture, to me it looks like it was painted, you can see scuff marks that expose the orange coated fiberglass

Still a very cool track

Boosted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts