Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was posted way back but I just found the original armature in my basement.I am the original owner from 1970.I wonder if with todays technology we can record the hours on a t-jet chassis like they do boat engine's. Perhaps mileage like a 1:1 scale ? Perhaps with a downloadable microchip ?

:mad: "Look at that report card ! Keep playing with those little model cars & you'll be nothing but a bum when you grow up ! " :( :rolleyes:

Still playing with little cars at age 50 & when I retire in 4 years from NYCTA I will practice my true avocation-being a Bum ! Dad was right ! :cool:

Neal :dude:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Those brush tubes are convenient to bring new life to an otherwise dead chassis. I would love to have a blue goat in any condition. Chip technology would be great for the cars, we could keep stats on every one of them. I have a zillion cars and when someone asks me what a good car would be, I just stare blankly at my collection.
Jim

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Neal, that's really awesome ot be able to hold onto something like that all these years. I'm sure that you've got alot of great memories of that slot car.

I unfortunately wasn't born in the era of Tjets.....but I ran the hell out of the Tyco 440 stuff....and I still have my brother and I's favorite Tyco cars....the Tyco Domino's Pizza and Kraco Indy car two pack.....those cars have been thru hell! :dude:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Very cool, Neal!
I am also on the "me too" wish list for still owning my childhood slot cars, eh!
Mileage could be deduced by the depth of wear on a pair of pick-up shoes, yeah?
We just need someone with a ton of time to establish control groups for Tjet, Magna, & 440x2 ect, right? Rick, are you up to the task? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
i'm 42 and when i was about 17 i gave my cars to my broter who sold them to a friend.about 10 yars ago that friend started a buisness and i remembered his name ,he and i were talking at the store one day and he brought up the cars my brother sold him,he said ,,if you are still into them you can have them back,most of the bodies were hacked pretty bad and at the time didnt want to mess with them as most were pretty well crushed,,,,but i still got all my chassis back and still run them... lots of priceless memories :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts