Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any information on how to paint the Colonial Viper (Monogram/Revell) model from the 80's TV show?

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Is there any information on how to paint the Colonial Viper (Monogram/Revell) model from the 80's TV show?
Testors Light Ghost Gray is what I used for the overall color on mine with Primer Gray for the engines. I used silver and gold to pick out details on the various greeblies on the model's engines and used brown and black copier waste toner for weathering.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Kenlee, now that is very nicely done! So where did you get the base and the nameplate? :confused: One day I will do mine with the lights like you did.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Kenlee, now that is very nicely done! So where did you get the base and the nameplate? :confused: One day I will do mine with the lights like you did.
The recent reissue of the Viper came with the nameplate on the decal sheet and the new stand. The stand and nameplate decal was included with the re-issue of the Raider and the Basestar as well. I added the rectangular section to it to house the batteries for the lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts