Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Cool! The 63 & 64 Caddies had the same front end treatment however, the limo's and the ambul/flower cars had the extended roof with the older late 50's windshield/A-pillar on the 1:1's I think the casting is spot on correct :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
.... the limo's and the ambul/flower cars had the extended roof with the older late 50's windshield/A-pillar on the 1:1's I think the casting is spot on correct :thumbsup::thumbsup:
You are right about this...and don't forget hearses too.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The front end is confusing. It looks like it could be a '63 or '64.

1963 Cadillac ambulance

1964 Cadillac ambulance
dragonhead, both pics you have shown show a 1964 model with a wide body colored strip going horizontally through the grill.
The '63s did not have this. Plus the '63s had little round directional lights.
You can see that the grill flatter on the '63 as well.

The Matchbox is a '64, the grill isn't perfect, but you can tell easily because of the taillight area below the fins is angled.

'63 tail light

And a '64 like the Matchbox S&S Ambulance

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
You're right. After re-checking the '63 photo, I learned that it was mislabeled. Even though the MB has a non-'64 front end, I suppose it would just be nitpicking to call it anything else.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
For anybody needing an excuse to keep 2 of these in their collections, there are 2 different red cross sticker sizes to collect (small most common), hollow(most common) v solid tyres and with or without painted silver grille.But they were all white, although this paint is very prone to discolour so the cream ones can be found but they werent made that way, its sunshine or tobbaccy that changed the paint!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts