Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like to thank Tom parker again for donating the decals, it was a bear to position Robin to the base ,trying not to scratch the paint ,wish I had 4 hands, the left foot is off position a little, but the rest of the figure is positioned perfect, so I can live with it,are the pics too dark? This is my first Robin, never had it as a kid, lots of prep work on this kit, the fit was terrible, especially the arm and leg seams, but I love the sculpt and pose, all the blood sweat and tears are well worth it at the end.
I will be doing the Gladiator in the new year, because I have other projects to finish.
Thanks for looking.
Randy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Fantastic work Randy, they make a lovely pair! Really makes me want to dig my two out, but alas I've got several obligatory builds to finish first.

Thank you so much for sharing this build, and you are correct in saying the ends justified the blood, sweat and tears! My hat is off to you!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow! Ka-Pow!

And Holy Awesome Job! Truly inspiring work. Looks like I'll have to dig out my old Robin built-up and renovate! Can't wait to see the next one you build!

Cappy D.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Really nice work, Randy!! As always your patience (and talent!) has paid-off and produced a fantastic Robin. Thanks for doing the whole wip it was very interesting and informative. Excellent stuff!! - Denis

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Excellent! Looks like he just stepped out of a Dick Sprang drawn comic book. I love the subtle shading and the bright colors give it that comic book feel.

Easily one of the best Robin build ups I've seen.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Clean Crisp and Sharp :thumbsup: Super Job on a cool kit :wave:
Mcdee

·
Registered
722 Posts
After an excellent WIP thread, from which I've learned a few things BTW, all I can say is "STUNNING"! Beautiful work Randy, he looks great!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Way to go Randy!!! You captured the comic book feel exactly - that is the nicest Robin Ive seen to date! Colors really pop and complement each other!!!!
Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts