Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Organizing 1/64 cars in cases

I have 3 acrylic cases now almost full,two of them hold 72 cars & the other holds 56,With so many ways to organize them how do you all have them displayed,by year of car,by diecast manufacturer,by car make,by car model,muscle cars seperate from imports & euro's etc...Right now i have by year but just wanted to see what others are doing,Thanks

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Only 3 cases? :lol: I lost count, I think I have 33 cases filled and need another 20 or so for the loose ones and 46 cases filled with sealed in the package cars. For display I do a Mopar month, Chevy month and so on. I also build 1/25 scale models. I'm waiting for the kids to move out so I can invade the house!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have 3 acrylic cases now almost full,two of them hold 72 cars & the other holds 56,With so many ways to organize them how do you all have them displayed,by year of car,by diecast manufacturer,by car make,by car model,muscle cars seperate from imports & euro's etc...Right now i have by year but just wanted to see what others are doing,Thanks
I used to have mine organized by diecast manufacturer, but for a change of pace I decided to organize them by color. (I have about ten 48-car cases.)

I figure it'll give me chance to organize them by car company/division later on, when the color thing gets old.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
You sound like the service manager i work with,his desk is a mess & can never find anything when he needs it :lol:
My desk at work is pretty organized, but my toy collections? No. I do have two 70 car cases and one 30 that are filled with Mustangs, but that is pretty much the end of my organizational endeavors. If I see space, I will fill it with something, I don't care what it is.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I organize my storage of cars by auto manufacturer, type car, and year. Because of limited display space I now only show one car for any given year of real car. I tend to display the better looking cars so I have a lot of GL and Kyosho represented on the walls.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I used to have mine organized by diecast manufacturer, but for a change of pace I decided to organize them by color. (I have about ten 48-car cases.)

I figure it'll give me chance to organize them by car company/division later on, when the color thing gets old.
I have a friend who was kicking around idea of displaying his cars by color themes in various rooms.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I now have enough room to display my entire collection... I organize them by the brand, then by the manufacturer, then by the makes, then by the years !!! Good luck, it can get frustrating !!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I Organize mine by what fits in a Deep Plastic Square Tote in loose fashion.

Each Tote has around 300-400 1/64 Cars inside all lined up in rows. Only Cars
that are still sealed are the HW TH's and M2 Chase Cars. 5 Totes total of loose
Cars.

My 1/24 - 1/18 Cars are still sealed too and stored away.

Over 5k Cars to date in my newer Collection from 20k I use to have. I sold or
traded away what I didn't want. Lately I have been RAOKing them away to
close friends who will chop them up for parts for Kustoms that I am not doing.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here are two pics of how I organize my cars.

I have two full displays of mustangs. I have 3 more empty cases in the garage, but no where to put them yet.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
The Chevys get lined up on display...

...and the non-Chevys get crushed and trucked away!

Thousands are stored away in boxes, unfortunately with very little organization to their storage.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Only 3 cases? :lol: I lost count, I think I have 33 cases filled and need another 20 or so for the loose ones and 46 cases filled with sealed in the package cars. For display I do a Mopar month, Chevy month and so on. I also build 1/25 scale models. I'm waiting for the kids to move out so I can invade the house!:thumbsup:
got any pics of the cases ya use for the stuff still in packages??

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Hey is that a black '73 Impala in the front row? green flames on the sides?
Yes it is. It's a Motormax from the American Graffiti collection. It came with green flames on the hood as well but I didn't like the look so I removed those. I'm thinking about removing the flames from the sides, too. As I've been collecting Chevys for years, it's the first '73 that I've happen to come across. BTW - glad you caught the humor of the guys dickering over the Vega!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts